Chapter 30

Rapunzel

After a good few moments of crying, I found the strength to pull myself together just enough to lift my head and wipe the tears from my cheeks.

And as I peer down at the girl in my arms, I hear a question start to develop somewhere inside my brain.

"why do I care about someone I barely know?"

I move a hand from her face to her chest, hovering my palm over where her heart is, and admire her still perfect features.

I admire her clean skin, her long, natural eye lashes, her nose and her lips, her hair and...

And it brings me back to yesterday morning...

The way she layed on the floor, out cold but still breathing, and the way she still looked just as beautiful, but just with more colour...

More life...

I don't know

Is my only answer

But I wished I had more time to figure it out...

That wish wasn't anymore than a deep thought, one only I could hear... Or at least... That's what I thought.

Because I start to notice a light, a small, golden ball of light appear where her wound was still bleeding out. My eyes widened as I looked down, shocked, amazed, confused, scared and hopeful.

The ball grew, it shimmered and shined, it sprouted and strings of pure gold swarmed the two of us, swimming through the air so gracefully, in a way that made me feel... Secure.

The strings eventually started creating a picture, one of the most beautiful flower I've ever seen, with large petals that seemed to almost cuddle Cassandra's body, the gold glow seemingly giving her some of her colour back...

Wait a minute...? Is this...? Is she...?

In due time the strings retreat, slowly coming back together and burying themselves back into her wound, which when I lift up the end of her shirt to look at it now... Is almost completely gone.

The only thing left behind was a singular scar line, but one that is still perfectly healed and-

And that's when her chest rose...

With a small amount of excitement toying with my feelings, I sweep my hair out of my face, behind my ear, and look back up at her...

Praying... Wishing... Hoping... Pleading

That she will...

Wake...

Up...

"R- Rapunzel...?"

Her eyes gradually opened back up, and her voice, despite being a little slower, had it's usual tone back.

"Cass!" I practically squeal, launching myself forward, throwing myself into her arms.
I can tell by the way she flinched that she thought I'd have landed on her badly, and that when she didn't feel any pain, she was understandably confused.

My arms wrap around her neck, and eventually, she put a hand on my back and rested her chin on my shoulder.

"What... What happened? How am I...?" She questions immediately after I pull back. I rest my hands on her shoulders and answer honestly, speaking soft but fast as my energy begins to return to me.
"You were dead, you died but then you came back! This bright golden flower like thing appeared in the air and it must have healed you or something! It was so beautiful Cass! It light up the room and when it went away again you started breathing again, and, and then-" the words spilled carelessly, likely overwhelming her brain with information in a single burst.

She just sat there looking into my eyes as I spoke, a... Soft... Look on her face.

"omg Cass I'm just, so, so, so glad your alright! I don't know what I would've done without you." I finish, sucking in a deep breath afterwards. I lock our gazes and can't help but sweetly smile.

I wait for her to say something. Maybe something sweet? Something thankful? Something sarcastic? Something apoligetic or playful?

I didn't know what to expect her to say or...

Do.

I definitely didn't expect her to do what she did.

She brought her hands to my cheeks, holding my head firmly as she pulled me closer to connect our lips.

I was shocked at first, sure, but I wasn't shocked for long.

Something about this moment brought me back to when we were on that boat, and another thing told me that I've been waiting for a moment like this again ever since then...

I grabbed her t-shirt, pulling on the fabric all the while I kissed her back, showing her that what she'd done was ok, and that I wanted it to.

And then she put her hands on my waist and started pulling me closer, inevitably pressing our bodies together and closing the already small gab between us.

Cassandra

I'm not sure what exactly came over me, one minute I was staring into her eyes, getting lost in them as she excitedly spoke, and the next my lips were pressing up against hers.

My first thought is that this was all because of the tense moment we were in, that I've just come back to life and that was an explanation behind why my body would react so unnaturally, that my brain isn't full working right yet, that I still need time to wake up and that was what I am going to say with my apology.

I went to pull away, a sorry already prepared, but it was quickly lost the moment she started kissing me back.

She grabbed my shirt, pulling me back and kissed me more, kissed me harder, and I quickly took the hint, the messaged that clearly read that this was something she liked.

And fuck I liked it too.

Without much thought, as we kissed I let my hands drop to her waist and held her closer, which meant our bodies were pressing against each other, but she didn't stop, nor did she slow down, so neither did I.

The fact that my body wasn't in any kind of pain anymore was still baffling to me, but it quickly became the last thing I cared to think about, mainly because I didn't have to worry about anything other than her.

Our kiss deepened and both of our heads shot up into the clouds, or at least, mine definitely did. But we both started quickly running out of air and had to pull ourselves back, separating our lips and our heavy breaths mixed into one another.

But even though we were no longer kissing, the way that her body was still pressing against mine caused me to feel a new feeling in mine, but I decided to play it off with a smirk and quick remark.

"Now how long have you been wanting to do that?" I tease, raising an eyebrow and looking right at her now blush covered face. She immediately turns her head away and climbs off of me. I can't help but laugh.
"I- I haven't been- I wasn't thinking about- I don't know what-" I can't help but find the way she's stuttering amusing, but also cute.

All while she stands up and paces the floor, I turn onto my side and pick the lock on the cuff that was still fairly securely tight around my wrist, but it wasn't had to break out of.

I jump up quickly and walk over to Rapunzel.

"Now, let's get you back to where you belong. The village needs their dancing partner back" I say with a small chuckle, using my hand to gesture to the open window. Rapunzel seems a little nervous, which is understandable, but still manages to give me a small smile in response.

I have questions about what exactly happened here after I went, but I don't believe those are the type of questions I should rush to ask.

And honestly, I just wanna get out of here and put all this drama behind me.