Prologue

Dedicated to all the precious gems hidden within rubble and dust

PROLOGUE...

Ryan sat in his house thinking of how the years had passed. His niece was turning 19 in a few weeks and then she would be off to college. Who would protect her when he wasn't there? Anyway, things of fate could not be tempered with. It shouldn't have pained him thinking of his niece's future. Losing his niece to greater things seemed good and bad at the same time.

The doorbell rings. He hadn't been expecting any visitors. Through the peep hole, he sees a young woman looking around impatiently. He opens the door but leans in the doorway, blocking her. The young woman scrutinises him,

"Hoang Corpse?" she asked.

Ryan was startled. No one in Endergates knew his birth name and he had left Darth moons ago. His face fills with horror as he observes the young woman's face. Her irises become as thin as slits and her once white hair turns obsidian. She bared her fanged teeth showing this was no casual visit.

"I'm glad I found you," she says pushing him inside and locking the door behind them.

***

Ryan woke up with a start and stared at the clock on his bedroom wall. 11.00 am. He thought about the dream he had just had or was it a vision. He walked to his bathroom to wash his face. A jagged line traced from the back of his ear to the nape of his neck confirmed it for him. It wasn't a dream. How had people from Darth managed to find him? How much info did they have on him?

They were strong that's for sure. Casting magic was difficult in itself but casting two people at the same time required skill and practice. Had the course of action that the white sisters had predicted already began? Ryan had no choice now. He had to tell his niece the truth that separated her and the rest of the world. He had to relive that nightmare again for her sake.