CHAPTER V

Must be another one
Must be another one she loves

-Mac Demarco

➽─────────➤

"Good morning, my love," a charming voice rings through Kore's ears. A gentle finger grazes her cheek as she lays tangled in soft blankets on a wide couch.

Her eyes flutter open after what felt like forever to some. She squirms to a seated position. Her hands go to her sleepy eyes. The pull from her new bandages stretches across her whole side. Kore notices her gorgeous wedding dress has been replaced with simple clothing. She doesn't remember anything that had happened.

The person who was once hovering over her slides in the blankets. Kore feels the warmth press up on her good side. Her droopy eyes lift to see the man of her dreams: Cupid.

"You've been unconscious for too long," the God mummers while his dark eyes search hers. Kore lifts a weak hand to brush through Cupid's long brown curls. His words sink into her soul, soothing all the pain that was previously there.

The overwhelming desire for this man engulfs Kore. "I love you, Cupid." Those three words easily fall from her lips. She didn't have to think twice before saying them. Kore loves this man. He doesn't know how or when their relationship started because she can't remember. It doesn't matter. All she needs is to be in Cupid's arms.

A soft purr is the only response given by the God, followed by a short chuckle. He lifts himself off the couch, his feathered wings unfolding in the process. A small glass is grabbed from a nearby cart for the both of them. As Kore accepts the juice, she memorizes the room she's in.

"Where am I?" her eyes wide. She has never been in a room such as this. The interior is rich and worldly. Outside the large windows are fantastic landscapes. A finger pulls her chin to look back at Cupid's face. He is now sitting down with his drink already half done.

Kore forgets all that she was asking. It feels like she's only known Cupid for so little, but her love for him is so large. She can't remember the last time she has ever loved someone. Kore's brain goes to mush as Cupid connects his lips to hers. It's deep and Kore immediately misses it once it ends. She can taste his drink on her lips.

Cupid looks out the window Kore was just staring out. Should he tell her the truth? Well, of course, he can't tell her the whole truth about her situation. He wants to have a little fun first before he ends her love spell connected to him. Cupid doesn't have any feelings toward the mortal girl who clings to his torso, but it might be the easiest way to get her to forget about Xene and go back to the island with Calypso.

Cupid might never even break the spell. Attention is a strong drug, even for the God of love.

➽─────────➤

Cupid takes Kore into one of the gardens. It's grand and breathtaking. However, even though Kore is surrounded by such exotic sights, she never stops staring at Cupid. Her arm wraps around his strong bicep as they walk together through the paths. Her eyes trace his sharp jawline to the perfect curve of his neck.

Cupid lets the girl hang on to him. He's still not sure what to do with her, so he takes Kore out to his gardens where he likes to think. Most of the time, Cupid's biggest problems revolve around girls and relationships, this time is no different.

The goal is to get Kore back to her island with Calypso. To do that, Cupid had to detach her from that moron mortal Xene. He's not a problem anymore because Kore has completely forgotten about him. Cupid flashes Kire a quick smile before leading her down another path.

She swoons at the gesture. "Where are we going, Cupid?" Her words are airy and careless. Does she not know the dangers of Gods? She is under a love spell, but no girl has ever fallen this hard before. She is also, by far, the stupidest.