Chapter 8 - Ordinary life

Alyssa's POV

It's been two weeks since Enzo told me. About his wife. Her death. Everything in his life. I know he's only going to tell me once, so I listened. We ended up stating up all night and talking. About everything. One night where I got to see him sensitive and emotional. I wasn't mad. I don't even know why he thought I would be. I could never be mad at him, especially for that. We've been seeing each other, and my stalker has dropped a couple of new notes as well, but I spent most of my nights at Enzo's, so it wasn't as big of an issue. These two weeks have been dreamy. And fuzzy, and it smelt like cotton candy. Basically, we are head over heels for each other. And I'm obsessed. Us two staying at his house mostly hmeveryday felt normal. Unlike our situation, actually is. He lives in a nice neighbourhood where it's sort of sunny, children play outside. There are barbecues held by neighbours.

It has felt like I was Rachel. She's been on my mind ever since. I feel bad that Enzo and her didn't work out like they wanted. I think she was too young to go. I wish I could've met her. Sometimes Enzo gets forgetful and starts mentioning memories of him and her, and she sounds cool. Pretty as well. I mean, it might be weird, but I still think this.

For example, today, I'm sitting in the kitchen. 7 am. I'm watching my boyfriend cook breakfast for me in only grey joggers and no shirt. Life has been dreamy, as I said. It doesn't seem real. But it is. We eat breakfast, and he's off to work. And I wait for him in his house to get back. I usually read his books and watch his TV. Or when I feel like I'm bored, I clean. Or do karaoke.

He does work a lot, though. I barely see him and when we go out a lot of girls make comments about how hot he is and just being complete bitches. They make it obvious that he's so much better looking than me and sometimes even say it to my face.

"C'mon, baby. They're just jealous. You know I only have eyes for you, right?" He kisses me as I'm sat on my bed, still in my dress. We just got home from dinner where a girl openly flirted with him in front of me. Saying stuff like I don't have to know what they do. And that I wouldn't mind sharing him with her. I requested to go home, and now we're here. He gets on his knees and kisses my thighs gently before bitting it softly. He locks our fingers together, holding both my hands in his. He leaves hickeys on my thighs and neck, too.
"I only love you. No one else. I don't even know why or how you even noticed me, but I'm so glad you gave me a chance. You know how lucky I am, right?" He smiles, and I hide my face so he can't tell I'm smiling. He could've told her to piss off. Or punch her. Or stab her. But he didn't.

But I also know I can't stay mad at him. I give in and kiss him passionately, and we make love for the rest of the night. The next morning, it's my turn to make breakfast, and I felt like going all out. I just had so much energy and time, so I got to work. I made pancakes that were heart-shaped with maple syrup and made myself a tea, while for him, a coffee. On the side, a nice fruit salad. I feel two strong arms wrap around me and give me a little squeeze. I can feel his chest against my back and his breathing on my neck. He puts his head on my shoulder and gives me gentle kisses. He turns me around and lifts me onto the counter, getting in between my legs. He pushes himself against me so I can feel how big he is. He moans so loudly as he does so. He seems so desperate, and I quickly realise why. He's leaving for a business trip in a couple of days, and I won't get to see him for a long time. Since we got together, we haven't spent much time apart. We've always seen each other at least once a day, and now he's gonna be gone for months.

I guess I'm just being dramatic. He slips my underwear aside and slides himself inside me, pounding me rough. He's not even fucking in a rhythm but just slopy and everywhere. I fall onto his shoulder, burying my head, covering my moans as he pounds into me. Right next to the breakfast I just made. We fuck for hours before we are too tired to go on and too sensitive.

Time goes quicker than expected, and before I know it, I'm walking him to the military base. I can see other soldiers lined up already, and people watch suprised as we walk together. Everyone that I've talked to always claimed that Enzo is rude, cold, and intimidating, but I've never seen him like that before. He's always been gentle and caring towards me.

Saying goodbye to him was harder than I thought. We couldn't stop kissing and hugging and all of that cringe stuff. I was one of the only ones that stayed until the plane took off, and I stood there with the receptionist lady as the plane began moving. My heart dropped when the plane left the ground, and I felt tears swelling up in my eyes. What if he never comes back? What if something happens to him?
"I'm sure he'll be fine. I guess this is the curse of dating a military man. He's always came back before." The lady tried to calm me down, but my head kept on thinking about the responsibilities.
"Why are they leaving anyways?" I ask.
"Oh, it's to help out at the border with some conflict." I knew she meant war.
"He's going to be fine. Don't bother thinking about the worst because it will only make you sick." She smiles. We've gotten close ever since I started dating Enzo. Though I never asked for her name, we've hanged out a lot. Enzo told me they call her Lizzy, but I wasn't sure I should. I liked it this way. And I'm sure she did too.