one

Irv

Irv

"Morning daddy, you smiling bright while just getting in. I'll take it that you had a good night?" Korryn asked as I entered the kitchen.

"Just business baby, business, business, business all around," I replied exhausted.

"No, I know that look. You mixed some pleasure in your business, you rarely do the walk of shame."

"Wouldn't call it much shame in my game," I commented with a slight smile, Korryn laughed then poured me up a glass of orange juice.

"You look happy, least that's good. You always look so stressed," Korryn held her glass in her hand, her tone changed a bit as he continued to address me. "Honestly, I worry about you sometimes."

"Baby, I been in this for a very long time. It's nothing to worry about, it is you who is raising my concern."

"Why?" Korryn became defensive. "What the outsiders talking about?"

"You grown Korryn, you are a woman. I would hate the fact if somebody made you into a woman already. You young and beautiful, why don't you do something with hair and makeup honey? You are good at it. Get the fuck out of these bum ass parts of California, go to school or something."

"Leave you by yourself? I don't think so, this is home why would I leave? Besides, if I'm going to do anything with my life it damn sure isn't going to be hair and makeup. Daddy, I'm more than just a pretty face, I have more to offer than just extensions and contour."

"Then do what you want to do, just don't be surrounded by my bullshit. Too much shit happening lately, I want you to be on your own path because we all know where mine is heading."

"Don't talk like that, I hate it when you do that! Have some breakfast and continue grinning! You alive, be happy you get to see another day."

"Yes, that is true. Two of my boys aren't though and I have to plan a funeral for them. I'm serious Korryn, I don't want you around this."

"Niggas out here ain't stupid, I'm not worried."

I chuckled as she placed a bowl of cereal in front of me, "Where's Kaeto?"

"Morning fam," Kaeto said entering the kitchen.

"Speak of the devil," Korryn moved to my side of the counter giving Kaeto space.

"That's how you greet family baby girl?"

"Lay down and die Kaeto!" Korryn said deciding to leave.

"Hey, hey, hey! What's going on here, Korryn? Y'all used to be two peas in a pod what happened?"

"Ask him," her orange juice went down with her words.

"Kaeto, what the fuck was that last night? You making moves without my say, fucking people's niece's and shit?" Korryn damn near spat out her juice trying not to laugh at my comment. "Baby, give us a minute alone." Retreating to the back to her room, I finally had time alone with Kaeto to address the issue. "What the fuck was that shit last night? Explain why I shouldn't kick your ass myself?"