Pranks and Platitude (Ft. Jaddu and his Mahi Bhai)

A/N - Trust the Process. Only thing I can do.

M: Okay, if we can't do it by sheer force, we'll do it my way.

J: But your way is sheer force!

"Ravinder? Ravi?"

"What is it? I am a little busy!"

"Look who is here to meet you!"

"What?" Jaddu placed his sword next to its scabbard and wiped the sweat off his hands. "I don't want to meet anybody!"

"Just wait till you..."

"What did I say, Rivaba? I do NOT want to meet anybody! And I really do not care who it is!"

"Mr. Ravinder Jadeja! Firstly you will not take that tone with me and..."

"Okay okay." Jaddu flung up his arms in no little frustration and rolled his eyes. "I am sorry," he murmured, lowering his voice significantly. "Did not mean to take out my frustrations on you. But Rivaba, I really am in no mood to meet anyone. I really need some time to think things over. Not feeling too good. You know how it is..."

"It is Mahi Bhai!"

Jaddu left the earth shift underneath his feet, metaphorically, and fell down, quite literally.

"Mahi Bhai? You mean Mahendra Singh Dhoni? My Mahi Bhai? Our no 7 jersey..."

"Yes, Jaddu!" Rivaba sounded resigned. "Mahi Bhai. Your Mahi Bhai has come calling."

Jaddu tried to get the sense of the entire thing, looked around, blinked rapidly and then very slowly and yet, nothing.

"Why?"

"Should I tell him to go?"

And Rivaba actually turned to leave.

"Have you lost it, woman?" Jaddu reached out and grabbed at Rivaba's hand. He pulled her towards himself and into an embrace. "Is he really here, Riv?"

Rivaba chuckled and Jaddu felt the whisper of a kiss on his cheek. "Yes, Sir Jaddu. Your beloved Bhai is here. Didn't I tell you that he will make things alright?"

"Don't know about that; I am angry." Jaddu pressed his face against Rivaba's shoulder. "I am."

"At him too?"

"Can I ever be angry at Mahi Bhai?"

Rivaba shrugged and moved away. "Will you come in or do I send him here? He is waiting."

"Oh I will.... No wait." Jaddu paused and grinned. "Bring him to the study in a bit, okay?" And he skipped over the rocks and dashed into the house totally ignoring his wife who was yelling,

"Do not plan anything stupid, Jaddu!"

.................................................................................................................................................................................

But of course he planned something stupid; his name was Sir Jaddu for a reason.

However, how would he have known that Mahi Bhai's knee was bothering him?

It was a juvenile prank; an almost invisible thread tied to the ends of the doorway and MS tripped over it, couldn't regain balance in time and crashed on his knees.

"Ahh!"

MS's voice came strangled and Jaddu's heart stopped beating for a moment.

"Mahi Bhai!" Tripping on unsteady feet, Jaddu ran over to MS as soon as he regained his breath and some of his senses. "Oh my god. Mahi bhai!" The man was struggling to get to his feet. "I am so sorry, Mahi Bhai. I... Here, hold unto me."