𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

TWO WEEKS HAVE passed, the planning for the 57th expedition in the scouts had begun

TWO WEEKS HAVE passed, the planning for the 57th expedition in the scouts had begun. Kailani was in charge of training everyone including herself, while the adults did the planning on where the squads and leaders would be.

It was a day before the expedition, the 104th cadet group didn't seem to be that stressed. Or so Kailani thought from seeing how they all acted the day of training, but when it was supper she was being vented to by many of them.

Now it was the day of the 57th expedition.

Kailani was in bed as the sun was rising having thoughts race back and forth as the sun was rising to its peak. "Who would die?" "What mission would fail". All of her thoughts were not what she thought those four weeks ago.

Kailani felt she wanted to cry, she was scared even though she knew she could face off many titans on her own. She didn't know how many members she would have to loose them too or have to make decisions on leaving or not.

Then she heard footsteps coming to her door making burry her face in her pillow "Kailani, are you up?", She heard Hanji whisper while peaking around her door.

Kailani hummed in response still with her head buried in the pillow "That's good", Hanji replied in a mono tone, Hanji came inside of Kailani's room closing the door behind her.

She walked to her bed seeing her face was buried into her pillow still, then Hanji heard her sniffle as if she was crying. "Kailani?", She questioned "Hmm?", The teen hummed trying not show the tears that were falling from her eyes.

"Are you crying?", Hanji asked as Kailani turned her face to where Hanji was "Oh Lani" "If you are wondering yes I am scared", Kailani replied as sniffling.

Kailani had turned around from laying on her stomach and sat up to wiping the tears off her face "It's just, I didn't expect to feel like this before such a big thing", She tried to laugh off.

Hanji had put her hand Kailani's back and rubbed it up and down to comfort her, she knew how she felt but all she could do was be there for her.

"I know how you feel kiddo. . .But I think maybe the good news out of this for you is that we made a decision on your position", She said.

Kailani smiled as she finished wiping her tears off her face "Yeah?", She questioned "You my dear will be in row three", Hanji replied. Kailani's eyes that were puffy from her tears looked at the older woman in doubt.

"Row three. . .But no one goes on there and if so they're alone", She said "Mhm", Hanji hummed sounding excited. "But why? Why did you pick me to be alone?", The young teen asked "Well for one because of how you strategize things, You have a way on killing titans more than even Levi thinks himself", Hanji answered.

"Even though the moves that he taught you and that Miche did as well, I had noticed during your training you tweak some things within them", She continued. Kailani was still in doubt on them choosing her to be alone no squad, no leader, no anybody.

Just her and her presence alone, with the trees and sky.

An hour later, Kailani had gotten up and walked to the hall it seemed she was the first one there and no one was up.

She sat down at a table and just started thinking of the outcomes of today and the expedition itself, even after hearing of her being in the position she was assigned.

The last place she expected was to be by herself during this expedition knowing how everyone is about her.

"Oh good morning, Lani" Kailani's head perked up from lying her head down in her arms to the left side of the room seeing Eren.

"Morning Eren, Please sit", She responded seeing the boy looked around the room for a second. Eren sat across from Kailani on the other side of the table with his hands on the table crossed just like hers.

"How did you sleep?", She asked "Alright, You?", Eren answered "Enough to get me through the day", Kailani replied.

Eren nodded looking down at the table with his eyes, "Do you know which position you'll be in?", She asked "Huh?", Eren asked confused looking up at her.

"Which squad or where will you be during the expedition?", Kailani clarified "Oh sorry, my mind hasn't fully come back to me", Eren replied.

Kailani laughed a little "It's fine, I understand" "I'll be with Captain Levi and his squad", The teen boy continued after Kailani spoke.

She nodded at him and said "That's good, you'll be in good hands". Eren scratched the back of neck and to Kailani that let her know he probably didn't like his position.

"Is that bad?", She asked "Um, I am not sure but well being with his squad isn't bad just I'm the only younger one it seems and it's kind of weird and he is too", Eren answered.

"Hey watch it", Kailani smiled "I'm sorry, But it's true", Eren smiled back the two shared a laugh. "No but I get it, I mean look at me I've been living with adults for almost two years I will be honest pretty boring but when everyone knows you and your pretty well know since a baby it's cool", She replied.

"Easy for you to say, your dad made that possible mines in a way didn't", The teen boy said with a sigh still smiling "But what about you, do you know your position?", He asked Kailani.

She sighed and said "Row three, I will be by myself". Eren's face changed "Aye no fair, how come you get to do the cool stuff?" "Really no idea, Hanji told me this morning and I guess I'm going to have to go with it", She answered.

"Well, Good luck out there", Eren said "And if you need me I'll be there some way", He continued "I'll know where you are by the lightning strike", Kailani replied.

LANA'S NOTES:Hello everyone again I'm sorry this one is real short but I wanted to split this into three parts obviously this is part one part two will consists of half of the battle and the their part with consists of the last half of the battle, anyways enjoy.