𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

TWO HOURS HAVE passed, everyone within the scouts was getting ready for the expedition gathering their horses, setting up their ODM gears, and putting on their uniforms

Kailani was getting ready putting on her uniform and pulled her hair up into a bun with two strands out in the front. She sighed as looking at herself in the mirror she put her head down looking at her dresser and with her hands around the ends of the dressed.

"You're going to be okay", She stated to herself "You'll be fine, You've trained, You've read your books. . .It's time to put that saying to use", She continued.

Kailani put her head up and looked at herself in the mirror, but she noticed something something within the top right corner of the mirror that was not there before it was a tiny thing of dust but it did not look like it was real as if it was stuck in the mirror.

Kailani tried to catch it but she saw her assumption was correct. "The hell", She said confused.

Kailani sighed putting her head down for a second, but then she looked up and it looked as if her eye color glitched from her normal brown color eyes to a light purple color.

She gasped as she flinched from seeing it "What the. . .No I was just seeing things", She said to herself sounding startled. "Kailani, Your horse is ready", A man said after knocking to see if she was there.

"Yeah okay, I'm coming", She responded quickly. Kailani was very startled on what she saw that her heart was beating fast, to calm her she put her right hand over her heart and took deep breaths in and out.

Kailani looked at the now weird mirror, she left her room and her eyes looked normal for now.

Kailani walked outside and took her horse by its lead and led it to where she saw some of the others were, everyone was in front of the gate where it would open.

While walking Kailani noticed some citizens of the wall were around looking at her some were giving disappointed looks others looks of luck to everyone.

Kailani had gotten on her horse and had it walk next to some other scouts, filling up some part of a row. Kailani moved her head around to see ahead of the many scouts in front of her.

"Damn it's crowded", She said to herself "Kailani" , She heard her name get called from behind her.

"Armin, Hi", Kailani replied turning around to see him on his horse coming up behind her "Hi, Um I didn't see you this morning", Armin stated.

"I was getting prepared, I had to go over some things with everyone and my position", The teen girl answered "Oh, um if you don't mind my curiosity where will you be?", Armin asked.

Kailani sighed before she answered "Row three, short terms I'll be by myself". Armin's jaw had dropped a little from his mouth as he was surprised on Kailani's position.

"By herself?!", He thought to himself in shock "She must be that amazing, Not like she already is not. . .But goodluck to Lani".

"You?", She asked "Oh um I don't remember the row but I'll be around two others though", Armin replied.

"Mhm, Well goodluck out there", Kailani responded with a quick smile before she turned back around at her hands.

"Lord don't let this boy die, I get attached way too easily", Kailani thought in her head. As waiting for the gate to open for everyone to charge out, Kailani heard two little girls whispering to each other.

"Is that his daughter?", One asked "Yes, I told you she looks pretty", The other replied "Wow, she looks like an angel", The other replied.

Kailani had her eyes on them as they were speaking on her she gave a lovely smile but then looked straight ahead. But a thought came to her mind these girls knew of her father.

When people said her dad was famous she didn't think he was that famous to where fathers or mothers would tell their kids of him and his family.

"LISTEN UP!", A man shouted from the front "WE ARE ABOUT TO GO INTO BATTLE IN THREE MINUTES, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!".

Kailani was confused but then looked at some of the women and men in front of her. "Oh my God", She whispered as she put her hand on her forehead with her head down.

"Damn it", She heard someone say behind her before she turned around to see who it was. "Jean what's wrong?", Armin asked "No just. . .This expedition, everything is happening faster than I expected", Jean answered.

The poor boy looked scared while answering, Kailani's face had softened more for she didn't know what to tell Jean away from just 'Stay Alive'. But then she heard Armin speak to him saying "We all didn't. . .Ever since the war with Trost our lives changed quicker than we thought, we lost the people we thought would stand next to us the moment we crash through those gates to the outer parts of the walls".

"But now, it's our turn to fight for us, fight for humanity, and the people we lost either it be the battle or from early experiences of seeing death", He continued. Jean's face of fear changed to a smirk as he nodded "You're right, okay I'm ready let's kill these sons of a bitches".

Kailani nodded at the boy who had turned his eyes to her, she had a smile on her face. Then her head turned to the front as her and everyone ahead and around her heard Erwin's voice speak and exclaim.

Before big missions or expeditions Erwin always started off with a speech, something to uplift the soldiers, to make them want to fight, and help humanity kill what had been around for centuries. As his words spoke such meaning to Kailani, she took a deep breath in and out she straightened her back out with pride, and now the gate was being raised for the soldiers of humanity to fight.

LANA'S NOTES:Hope you all enjoyed this again short chapter, now we have a bit of a problem but I was unfortunately signed out of my TikTok account so I had to make a new one just in case but if I ever get back into malanisroom you will know.