14

*Adrian's POV*

This girl, number 8 to be exact, has been fouling me all game. The refs haven't called not one. I swear I'm gonna spazz out.

It's an away game so I guess the refs aren't exactly on our side. Although, it's not affecting us. We're winning going into the 4th quarter 49-32.

I'm having a decent game. Nora is having a fantastic game though.

She's absolutely dominating everyone. She has 24 points. Who knew she was this good at basketball.

Coach Harris decided to leave Nora in and put in the backups with her to give them some playing time. So I'm currently sitting on the bench.

I look over to my side of the bleachers and I see Taylor just looking at me.

She's probably fantasizing about last night. Cute.

I smile at her then she snaps back into reality and gets back in sync with her cheerleaders.

It seems I distract her.

I focus my attention back on the game and Nora is just casually talking to Kaylee while playing defense. The crazy part is, that she is also playing great defense while doing so.

Nora deserves some scholarships cause what.

The final buzzer sounds and we won 63-48.

Nora got the game ball. Well deserved. We all go to the locker rooms to get dressed and Nora is ecstatic.

"You might have some competition Adrian," Nora says while laughing.

"Oh I know I do," I say back while giving her a high five, "Good game though for real."

"Thank you thank you, your majesty," She says and bows down to me.

"Girl get up and get dressed," I say to her as I roll my eyes.

She giggles and gets dressed. We all walk out together as a team and sit next to the cheerleaders. Waiting for the boys game to start.

The boys do their run out and Elijah is jumping up and down while doing his stretches. I silently laugh to myself.

"Adrian, you want anything from the concessions?" I hear Kaylee ask.

"Oh yeah, I'll go with y'all to get it though," I say back and get up.

I walk down the bleachers with them and we make our way to the concessions.

I'm really craving some skittles right now.

We get there and some cheerleaders from the other school are down here as well. I catch them eyeing me up and down.

I pay for my skittles and turn to go back to my seat when I feel a hand on mine.

"Hey, you're very attractive," The brunette says, "Can I have your number?"

"Um I'm kinda talking to someone at the moment," I say shyly.

"That's a shame, well here's my number in case you guys don't work out," She says while writing her number on a napkin.

She hands it to me and I stuff into my pocket. I doubt I'll have to text it. But with Taylor's feelings towards me being uncertain, I might.

I walk back with my teammates to my seat and watch the rest of the boys game. To which they lose a close game.

I walk out to the buses with Elijah and he's upset.

"Those refs were shit. They didn't call anything for us," He says while throwing the ball bag in the back of the bus.

"They were the same for us, I'm sorry you guys lost man," I reply back with sympathy.

"Ah it's okay, we'll get them next time I guess," He huffs in response.

He's never been a sore loser. But he doesn't necessarily like losing. I mean who does?

And for him, basketball is everything. It's his life. He wants to play professional one day.

I take my seat in the back of the team bus and hear my phone ping. It's Taylor.

I saw the girl give you her number.

How the hell did she even see that? I swear she was sitting at the bleachers.

I wonder if she's jealous. Just then I look up to see Taylor Scott herself gesturing for me to get up.

I get up and she slides herself into my seat to get the window side.

"Hey that's not fair I like the window," I say as I sit down.

"I really don't care, Gomez," She says in response.

"Okay what's your problem Princess?" I ask referring to her tone of voice.

"I don't know, maybe because a girl is trying to go after what I want," She begins, "I want you, Gomez. And it's driving me wild."

"You can have me then, there's nothing stopping you," I reply back to her.

"Just shutup and hold my hand," She says rudely.

"Yes ma'am," I reply immediately.

She rests her head on my shoulder and she falls asleep on our way home. It's about an hour drive on the bus.

The hour is over very quickly. Taylor picks her head up at the sound of the brakes and when the lights turn on, she immediately pulls her hand away from mine and pulls away from me completely.

So confusing.

Everyone begins to grab their stuff and load off the bus.

"Gomez, wait," She says.

I walk back to the seat and she pulls me down and gives me a quick peck on the lips.

She then fixes her uniform and stands up. She walks off the bus leaving me behind and I follow.

Once everyone is off the bus, Coach Harris gives a quick goodbye and everyone goes off to their respective cars.

I go to mine and crank it and turn on some Nas.

I decide to go for a drive around the city. I look at the pleasantly beautiful and bright lights. Showing off their colors and shining brighter than the stars themselves.

I drive until I come by this park that I've never noticed before.

I park my car and walk through the gates of the park.

There's this huge old oak tree right in the middle and I go and sit there. The only sound being my breathing and the faint sound of cars honking and the occasional birds singing.

It's so relaxing. I take in the silence of being alone here. It's like the world has stopped just for me to admire this place.

I think I could stay here forever.

I type in the address of this park into my notes so I can come back here.

I hop back into my car and make my way home.

I walk inside and my dad is up and waiting.

He looks up at the sound of the door opening.

"Where were you? I was worried. Elijah said he hasn't seen you since you left the school," He asks with a clear look of worry on his face.

I immediately feel guilty. I forgot to text him.

"I'm sorry Dad, I went for a drive and I forgot to text you. But I'm okay I promise," I say back with genuine guilt written all over my face.

"It's okay, just tell me next time. I can't take anything happening to my baby," He says while hugging me.

"I will Dad. I love you," I say into his shoulder.

"I love you, now go get some rest," He says and shoos me up the stairs.

I go up the stairs to my room and do what he says. I put on my pajamas and sleep overtakes me immediately.