18

*Adrian's POV*

Life has been pretty good. It's been about 2 weeks since Taylor told me to keep whatever we have on the low.

She's been coming over everyday and we've been acting like a couple in private and pretending we don't like each other in public.

I'm not gonna lie and say it doesn't bother me. Because it does. But I understand that she's not ready.

As long as she's not just using me.

I'm currently backstage with Marion and Elijah getting ready to go onstage for our performance.

We're going to perform our usual songs then there's going to be a surprise at the end.

Elijah and I are going to unmask ourselves to the audience.

Nobody knows what we are planning to do besides the band itself. So it's going to be a surprise for everyone.

Besides, of course, my dad.

He's part of the reason why I chose to unmask myself tonight.

Me and Elijah get into our rightful places on the stage along with everybody else and prepare ourselves for a wonderful night.

The crowd has no idea what's in store for them tonight.

The first song begins and the audience can't contain their excitement. They're screaming and cheering for us.

The first song goes perfectly. We're playing in this wildly perfect sync.

Although I can't see Elijah's face, I can see that he's sporting a huge grin on his face.

He can not wait to reveal himself.

The next few songs go similar to the first one. We're all just in sync and playing with perfection.

It's one of those unmatchable performances.

Once the last song begins, I feel the nerves coursing through my body. My stomach fills up with butterflies.

I take one last glance at Elijah as the song is coming to an end and he is already looking at me.

The crowd cheers as the song plays its final beat.

Elijah begins walking to the front of the stage with me following closely behind him.

He puts both his hands on the microphone and begins speaking.

"Hello everyone," the crowd immediately erupts.

Unless they've had backstage passes, they've never heard our voices before.

"So, as a special thanks to everyone's support throughout the past 7 years of Overkill, me and my buddy here have decided to finally reveal our identities," He says to the crowd.

The crowd goes absolutely wild.

I look into the front row and see Taylor with her jaw on the floor. I don't think she was expecting this.

"Are you guys ready?" Elijah asks, really adding to the suspense.

The crowd yells out a "yes." To which Elijah responds by slowly taking off his mask. Revealing his face.

The audience is full of flashes, probably from pictures.

I turn to Elijah as he gestures for me to walk up there. I follow his orders and put my hands on the microphone.

"Hello guys," I say to the joyful crowd.

They're full of chatter and some silence as they're waiting for me to take off my mask.