Chapter 28

By
Brynn Morgan

Copyright © 2023 by – Brynn Morgan – All Rights Reserved.
It is not legal to reproduce, duplicate, or transmit any part of this document in either electronic means or printed format. Recording of this publication is strictly prohibited.

Chapter 28

Clarrisa ended the call, and then Davis looked at Emily and Lainie. "I am going upstairs to get Bella. We will all sleep together tonight here in the living room . Safety in numbers."

They made pallets on the floor. Lainie slept with Bella, and Davis and Emily slept beside the pallet on an air mattress. Davis was shaken up by the events that were taking place at Hastings and at his house. It unnerved him. Why was this happening, and who was doing it to them? He lay beside Emily, hearing her soft breathing, and knew she was asleep.

Hours had passed, and moonlight filtered through the gauzy white curtains, illuminating the furniture, walls, and the family sleeping on the floor. Davis stirred and rose. Something had woken him up. He saw Emily, Lainie, and Bella sleeping soundly, so he dismissed the feeling and lay back down.

About an hour had passed, and Davis woke up again. Something did not feel right to him. His skin prickled. He looked around him. Bella was missing. He slowly stood up and glanced around the open room and into the kitchen. She was nowhere to be seen. He then saw a thin stream of light coming down the stairs. He slowly climbed them and saw the light coming from under her door. He turned the knob slowly, and what greeted his eyes as he opened the door made his blood run cold. DIE was written in bold black marker on the bed, tables, walls, and windows. Bella was sitting on the floor, rocking uncontrollably. She was writing feverishly on the carpet. DIE, DIE, DIE!
Davis reached down to grab her.

"Bella!" he roared. She did not respond to his loud tone. He bent over, placed his arms on her shoulders, and forced her to turn and face him. When he did, he yelled and jumped back in horror. The body was that of his niece, Bella, but the face was the most sinister and unholy visage he had ever seen.

The eyes were the blackest and coldest, and the mouth hung open in the most horrendous way. He fell back on the bed in shock, shaken to his core. He crawled away to the other side of the mattress, but the apparition advanced toward him slowly; getting up on the bed and out of its foul mouth, it said in a harsh utterance. "Die! Die! Die!"

Davis braced himself against it and, reaching across, seized Bella's body. She writhed, thrashed against his touch, and screamed, omitting the most horrifying sound as they fought. It was deep and guttural in tone.
"You can't stay here, and I order you to go now! You are not welcome in my house!"

Bella's little body went limp in his arms instantly. His arms shook terribly as he scooped her up, carried her to the open door, and came face to face with Lainie.
Her face was white as a sheet as she took the scene around her. The writing of DIE was on every surface, and she held her hand to her mouth as she saw Bella slack in his arms.

"Oh my god, Davis!" she cried out. She approached him and looked down at Bella. Her head lay back against Davis's chest, and she looked pale. She was covered in sweat. Her blond hair clung to her cheeks.
Davis did not know how to explain what he had just horrifically witnessed to his sister. What he had heard coming from Bella's mouth! The chilling smile on her small face. He could not tell Lainie this. His face was ashen.

Davis rushed out of the room with his niece and carried her downstairs quickly. Lainie followed close behind, worried about Bella's condition.

Emily rose with a disoriented look on her face. she asked with a voice of worry, casting the blanket aside that covered her. "What's wrong with Bella?"