Ch 9: Fashion's Flux

Before her stood a tall, dashing young man - dark hair, grey eyes, and a pastel blue shirt that accentuated his sculpted frame.

While he appeared cold and reserved, he kneeled down, extending a hand to help her up. Rose, more irritated by the damaged bouquet than her fall, accused him of ruining her gift.

“Look what you’ve done!” she exclaimed, holding the damaged bouquet.

Rose got up on her own nonchalantly, leaving Vincent’s extended hand lingering in the air, unmet by the response he expected.

Vincent, maintaining his calm, replied in a plain voice, “I’m sorry. It was unintentional.”

Rose, unfazed by his apology, shot back, “Unintentional or not, you’ve ruined my favourite flowers. Do you know how important this was to me?”

“Look, I’m sorry, but I’m in a hurry,” he explained, as he quickly tore a piece of paper from his diary. His raven hair falling across his forehead glistened in the sunlight as he scribbled. “You can reach out to me on this number. I’ll pay for the bouquet later.”

With that, he left abruptly. Rose, holding the bouquet in one hand and the piece of paper in the other, watched him disappearing into the liveliness of college life.

When she stared down at that tiny little note. She murmured, "So it’s you!" Amidst her anguish. A faint smile, almost imperceptible, danced on her lips.

Rose never reached out to Vincent. But days later, they crossed paths again. That night, some students of Fashion Designing major gathered at a restaurant near their campus for dinner. This place was the one trending among the university students because of its ambiance and unique flavours.

This was a group of kids from elite families, people with power and connections. Daughter of a prosecutor, son of a politician, celebrities kids, etc. It was more of a web of mutually close friends, and Rose was a part of it.

Apparently, some people from the architecture major were also there because they knew Ethan well, who was from the fashion designing major.

By the time Rose arrived at the restaurant, the group had already ordered. She was a little late, because of some assignments she had to take care of. When she entered through that glossy golden framed glass door, the serene atmosphere of ember lights and the interiors of the restaurant decorated with plants and vines covered her view.

Her crystal blue gaze found her friends occupying the large corner table, but there were a few unfamiliar faces too, and then there was him. The ‘It was unintentional’ guy. Everyone lightened up as they saw Rose. She walked up to their table and settled down beside Emma.

“Hey! Took you long enough. For a second, we thought you weren’t coming tonight!” Emma said.

“Yeah, the assignment was a little tricky, which is why it took up a lot of my time, but hey! You know I wouldn’t miss it when it’s you guys! Although I see some fresh faces tonight!” Rose remarked, shifting her head to acknowledge the other guys until her gaze met Vincent’s compelling eyes.

“I invited them!” Ethan began. “Let me introduce you to my friends. This blond guy here is Drake, and this guy to my right is Vincent. They both are from architecture major, and popularly known as university’s heartthrobs!”

“I’d much rather prefer if you could just leave out that cringy heartthrobs part.” Vincent opposed.

“Oh, come on, man! Then how am I supposed to brag about your popularity, huh? Anyway, so tonight I’ve invited them on a special request from the ladies over here!” Ethan said.