Paul Aron (Hitech)- Pick & Choose

Requested: yes
Prompt: 47) "Wow, you look amazing."
Warnings: nope

As the clock ticked past the appointed time, Paul Aron's patience was put to the test. He sat on the couch, tapping his foot in a rhythm that matched his racing heartbeat. Tonight was supposed to be special. They had been planning this evening for weeks, and yet, Y/n was nowhere to be seen. He glanced at his watch for what felt like the hundredth time, trying to quell the rising tide of anxiety. Paul understood that Y/n had been swamped with college assignments lately, but he couldn't shake the worry gnawing at his gut.

Just as he was about to give in to panic, he heard the faint click of the front door. Relief flooded through him as Y/n stepped into the living room, looking frazzled yet undeniably beautiful. "Sorry, I lost track of time," Y/n apologized, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Paul stood up, a reassuring smile playing on his lips. "It's okay. I was starting to think you'd been abducted by aliens or something." Y/n chuckled, the tension in the room easing slightly as they shared a quick kiss. "I wish that were the case. College has just been overwhelming lately." Paul nodded sympathetically, reaching out to gently squeeze her hand. "Well, you're here now, and that's all that matters. But we better get going if we don't want to miss the event."

Y/n nodded, her expression turning thoughtful. "I just need a few minutes to change. I couldn't decide what to wear." Paul's eyes sparkled with mischief as he teased. "Well, I can't wait to see what masterpiece you've chosen." With a playful roll of her eyes, Y/n disappeared into the bedroom, leaving Paul to wait anxiously outside. He settled back onto the couch, his mind buzzing with anticipation. Minutes felt like hours as Paul listened to the muffled sounds of Y/n rummaging through her wardrobe. He couldn't help but smile at her indecision; it was one of the many things he adored about her.

As the minutes ticked by, Y/n finally settled on a dress, slipping it on with practiced ease. She hesitated in front of the mirror, nervously smoothing down the fabric. "Wow, wow, wow." Paul approached her, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind. "You look amazing." He whispered, pressing a kiss to her temple. Y/n felt her cheeks flush at his words, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Thank you." she murmured, leaning back into his embrace.

With one last glance in the mirror, Y/n took a deep breath and turned to face Paul. "Ready to go?" She asked, her voice filled with anticipation. Paul nodded, hooking his arm with hers. "Absolutely." He replied, a bright smile on his face. "After you."