Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing) - Protective

Requested: yes
Prompt: 33) "Back off."
Warnings: nope

The media event was buzzing with excitement, cameras flashing, and celebrities mingling. Max, the rising star, navigated through the crowd with his media person, Y/n, by his side. Y/n kept a watchful eye on him, ensuring he fulfilled his duties while also enjoying himself.

As they strolled through the venue, a representative from one of the sponsors approached them. He was slick and confident, his charm oozing as he wrapped an arm around Y/n's waist. Max's expression darkened as he witnessed the unwelcome advance. His whole demeanor had changed. His charming smile had suddenly dropped, he stopped sipping from his drink and he eyed Y/n, looking for any signs of discomfort. "Hey there, sweetheart." The representative said, his hand sliding down Y/n's back. She smiled uncomfortably, hoping he would just just away quickly but he simply did not. Max's jaw clenched, his protective instincts kicking in. "Hands off." He commanded, stepping forward to intervene. "Excuse me?"

Y/n's eyes widened in surprise at Max's sudden assertiveness. "I said hands off. She's my PR manager, not whatever you think she is so let her go." The representative chuckled, but Max's steely gaze didn't waver. "Come on, man, just having a little fun." He said dismissively.

Max reached out to grab Y/n's arm as he pulled her away from the unwanted attention. "Come on, we'll talk to other people." Max said as they walked away. Once they were out of earshot, Y/n let out a relieved sigh. "Thanks, Max. That was...unexpected." She said. She expected him to let go of her but he didn't. He instead took her hand in his and navigated his way towards a drinks table instead. "No one does that to you." Max replied, his voice firm with determination. "I can't believe some people nowadays." Y/n chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. "Are you jealous, Max?" Max paused, his expression unreadable for a moment. "You were jealous!" She gasped. "No, I'm not jealous." He finally said. "I'm protective. There's a difference."

Y/n studied him, sensing there was more to his words than met the eye. "Okay, Mr. Protective." she teased, nudging him playfully. "Let's get back to enjoying the event." He rolled his eyes. "I'm not- how are you- you're so annoying." Je managed to get out. "Yeah, yeah. You keep telling yourself that."

They continued their stroll, engaging in light-hearted banter as they mingled with other attendees. But despite the jovial atmosphere, a tension lingered between them. As the event came to a close, Max walked Y/n to her car. They exchanged goodbyes, but just as Y/n was about to drive away, Max hesitated.

"Y/n, wait!" He called out, leaning against her car door. "There's something I need to tell you." Y/n's heart skipped a beat as she waited for him to continue. But before Max could say anything else, a group of fans approached, asking for autographs and selfies. "Oh, maybe I should get in the car and discuss this-" He was cut off by Y/n rolling her window up and giving an oh-so-innocent smile. "Have fun, Max!" She grinned as she drove off, leaving Max basically stranded eith the fleeting hoards of fans and nothing but a single bodyguard protecting him in the meantime. Max plastered on a smile, obliging the fans' requests, but the moment was lost. Y/n drove off with a sense of unease, wondering what Max had wanted to say.