𝟗𝟔: 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞

Since Takemitchy hasn't run into the shop, [Y/N] must've got back home safely. Chifuyu thinks as he flattens empty boxes behind the register. Piling them on top of one another.

He puts his elbow on the countertop, resting his face in his palm. Bored but curious as to what you and Takemichi might've talked about last night.

He sighs. Those two are probably trying to find a way to get me to join the gang...

Chifuyu looks at a random shelf, deep in thought. I guess it wouldn't be too bad? But with Mikey's gang expanding... Will they be able to recruit enough people to join?

The bell on top of the shop door chimes. Let me guess... It's-

The blonde moves his eyes to the door.

Yup... He fixes his lax posture, straightening himself up. "Since [Y/N] joined, you think I'd automatically join, is that it?" Chifuyu asks Takemichi with his eyes half-lidded.

You and Takemichi look at each other from the side. As if telepathically communicating.

Does he have foresight too?!

"No!" Takemichi replies in a high-pitched voice. Sweating. "Not at all...!"

"We came to visitttt..." Takemichi nervously smiles at his friend. Who was looking at him unimpressively, seeing how predictable Takemichi was.

"Well... Two isn't a very big number..." You started, "So it would be really cool if you joined!" You say unconfidently. Even giving an awkward thumbs-up.

"That's all you two could come up with...?" Chifuyu questions. Looking at you both, sort of concerned.

"I thought [Y/N] being here would be enough!!" Takemichi excuses. You look away from both boys, scratching your chin, "Even I thought that..." You say quietly.

You were both kicked out of the pet shop, feeling defeated. "How are we gonna get him to join the Tokyo Michi Gang...?" Takemichi Mutters sulkingly.

You elbow him, "Don't-" You lower your voice, almost to a whisper. "Don't say that out loud...! Someone from Kanto might find out we're making a new gang."

If Sanzu was sneaky enough to catch me and Chifuyu... Your face starts to warm up thinking about it. Feeling both flustered and embarrassed.

GOD! Why am I thinking of that right now...! You try to shake the image of Chifuyu's beautiful green eyes staring into yours.

If Sanzu somehow hears about the Tokyo Michi Gang. They'll destroy us before we can even get more members!

"Let's just focus on a better way to approach Chifuyu about 'it'..." You say using finger quotes. Referring to the gang you and Takemichi are starting.

"You could tell him what you told me?" Takemichi thinks, "You know, stopping Bonten before happening."

"Okay, but what about his job?" You question. Takemichi lightly smacks his forehead, facepalming in realization. "You're right... We can't get him to join while he still has a job..."

The two of you continue to think as you walk the streets of the Shibuya shopping district.

"We could... Convince him to quit?" Takemichi suggests. You furrow your brows, "That sounds awful!"

"Well, there's no other way he can be in the...!" Takemichi stops himself from saying 'gang'. Taking what you said about Kanto finding out into account. "Club..." He finishes his sentence.

"We could pay him...?" You think out loud, "But how are we supposed to get the money? Well... Without being unethical, at least."

Takemichi gasps, getting a seemingly good idea in his head. "You could offer to go on a date with him!"