Chapter Five: Part Two

[Last time, on Tales of AxoVolt and Chat Noir]

"I told you they'd accept the money, my powers are very useful." He bragged, smiling a bit as he put a couple of Skittles in his mouth.

I laughed, "Yeah, I can't help but be a bit jealous. Imagine making anything that you want, right?"

"It is a useful power" He grabs a few more Skittles before he pauses, and clutches his head like he's having a horrible migraine, dropping his candy onto the sidewalk.

"Evillustrator?" I put my hand on his shoulder.

...

"No- I... Yes Hawkmoth... give me more time!" He growls under his breath before he takes his hands off of his head. "I'm fine" he says to me, smiling a bit, nervousness behind his expression, "Don't worry about it" He pulls out his drawing tablet again, materializing a black rose and handing it to me.

"A black rose?"

"Yes, it's beautiful, like you"

"Oh" I take it in my hands, being mindful of the thorns "Thank you"

"You know what black roses represent, right?"

"Death?"

"Yes" he answers, and he looks around for a moment, paranoid.

"Why give it to me? Do you think I'm deadly or something?"

"No, of course not! But it expresses my desires, to cause pain," He raises his voice "especially to those who want to spoil some good fun"

I can't help but feel like there's someone watching now, and a chill crawls up my spine.

"But, I think we should be fine, they know better than to mess with me" He continues, and reluctantly hands me his drawing tablet and pen, "Why don't you try it out? I know that you like to draw"

"You can remember that, even if you're Evillustrator now?"

"Of course, Maricielo, you're my friend"

I smile briefly before reluctantly taking his pen, luring him in and making him think he can trust me by drawing some cute things first. I drew a small plushie of him, then a butterfly ring that came into my mind for some reason, then more euros, and put them in my backpack. I handed him the plushie that had materialized, and put the ring on my ring finger.

Evillustrator laughs, "Aw, this plush of me you drew is cute" He smiles and holds the doll close.

"Thank you! I tried" I can feel my heart beating in my chest, my eyes wandering for a moment, and I can see Ladybug and Chat Noir watching us from afar, watching me expectantly. Hanging out with Evillustrator has been fun, but I should let Nathaniel come back. "Actually, Evillustrator, I'm feeling a bit inspired!" I stand up, and he looks at me a bit nervous, I hold the pen up in the air, "I think, I'll draw... That pidgeon over there!" I point at the sky, making him look up and I drop the pen onto the grass and step on it, causing it to crack open, and the familiar purple butterfly I've seen on tv is set free from the pen.

"No!" Evillustrator screams, grabbing me by my hoodie and staring at me intensely before his eyes fluttered closed and he dropped to the ground, unconscious.

"Time to de-evilize!" Ladybug cheered, rushing over to catch the akuma in her yoyo, and after a moment, it was released as a white butterfly instead. "Bye-bye butterfly"

"That was surprisingly easy" Chat Noir chimed in, walking up to Ladybug.

"I know, right? I didn't even have to use my lucky charm. I guess we owe that to you, huh? You're Maricielo, right? Evillustrator was saying your name before." Ladybug turned to me and said.