Chapter 4 We're Changed

☾⋆⁺₊🎧✧

Shraddha's POV

I leaned my back on the metal railings, coldness seeping in through my kurti, sending shivers to my spine. After all, it was the november. I was just covered in a thin shawl, hanging lightly on my shoulders. Rubbing my palms over my arms to seek some warmth.

"I've told you about him na?" I looked above in the sky at someone adorned between the millions of stars still listening to me, caressing my heart without uttering a single word.

"He's here. He came today." I said lowly.

" I don't know if I'm still his bestfriend or not, I don't know if someone got my place in his life, I don't even know if he remembers me or not. Well, I can't blame him, when I didn't recognized him myself." I expressed my thoughts and feelings to someone who would never judge me.

"I don't understand why am I feeling bad for a friendship which was broke off fourteen years back." A cold breeze flew messing up my hairs.

"Everything is same, this roof,.....this night and you. But we,.......... we're changed. A lot "

.
.
.

[Fourteen years ago]

I was standing at the roof in the evening, thinking about my life after my bestfriend would leave tomorrow.

What would happen?

Will he miss me?

When will we meet?

Contemplating with my urge to stop him from going I was sobbing silently, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Wiping my tear soaked face with the back of my palms, I turned around.

With the glossy eyes I smiled at my bestfriend, "
Aarav?"

"Why are you calling me that?"

"What?"

"Aarav?"

"Because............. that's your name?" I more like asked.

"But you call me Aaloo."

"I thought you don't like that name." I answered and sat on the floor.

"But I like it when you call me that." He sat beside me.

We seated there silently for some minutes.

"Here." I looked at his hand when he placed a chocolate in front of me.

I looked at him with shock written on my face, "Today....?"

"Yeah today. I knew you forgot today's day." He tear opened the chocolate and gave me the half of it.

I took it from him and said, "Happy Friendship day!"

"Happy friendship day!" He replied taking a bite from his piece of our favorite chocolate.

We always had that same chocolate every year on the same day.

He always promised me on that day to be my side. However, I didn't wanted him to promise that when he was going to leave me very next day.

"What will you do when I'll left?" He asked out of the sudden.

"Watch Doraemon and Shinchan."

"And?"

"Going out with Mumma-Papa."