CHAPTER 12 - Honorary Guild Master.

Alex was sitting relaxedly on the chair opposite Alice, who occupied the guild master's seat in her office. Ann, standing by Alice's side, was explaining to Alex about the positions in the guild and how the guild functions.

As Ann explained these details to Alex, she couldn't help but stare at him with a blush, as he was not wearing the mask he usually wore at the Raiders Association, showcasing his full charm.

Alice, too, found herself doing the same, desiring to be close to him, despite her initial belief that it was better to take things slow.

"I see," Alex, who was listening closely to Ann's explanation, nodded when she was done.

"So, which position did you decide on? If you want, I can make you my vice," Alice said when she saw Alex nod.

"But wouldn't Frank cause commotion if you did that?" Ann suddenly asked after hearing Alice's words.

"It's all right. I am the guild leader; he can't do anything to me," Alice replied to Ann with a confident smile.

Ann, although still had some worries, nodded her head. Alex also smiled looking at their interaction, but he had something else to say.

"I know that every guild has its own way of functioning and I don't hate the idea that in your guild, a higher-ranked position can command the lower ranks, but I don't like being commanded by someone."

When they heard his words, their faces became complicated since even if they were to make him vice-guild leader, he would still have to follow Alice's command.

"I didn't say that I want a position where I am on top of everyone, I just want a position where no one can command me. I just want it so that I would have a choice to reject any orders, as there might be times when I am busy with something and can't answer the summons or orders. Still, it would not often happen since I also want to clear Gates."

Looking at their confrontation, Alex also understood that it was hard for them, so he elaborated.

"Oh, I see," Alice said and after that, both Ann and Alice first thought that forming a mercenary contract was busy for this situation since mercenaries are allowed to reject any offer or order.

However, the thought was discarded as soon as it came, since making Alex a mercenary was too low for his strength and mercenaries can be easily poached by other organizations.

It was at that moment that Alice suddenly recalled a position that had been merely kept on record and had never been utilized in practice. "Honorary Guild Master."

Hearing Alice's words, Ann's eyes also lit up and she nodded her head causing Alex to look at both of them curiously, even though he had some clue what the position must be.

"It is basically a position similar to the Guild master, just without any power. This means you can't be ordered by anyone and you can reject any offers or orders given from anyone, even the guild master, but you can also not command anyone till the guild master permits you to," Ann explained after she noticed Alex looking at them curiously.

She felt that this position was the best they could give to someone stronger than Alice herself, and Alice was their guild master.

Alex nodded hearing her words. "What do you think?" Alice asked while Ann also waited for Alex's answer.

"It's good. I will take that position," Alex said with a smile that made both of the girls blush furiously.

Seeing this, Alex sighed and lowered his charm from SSS+ to SS. Even though it was only one rank difference, changes could be clearly seen.

"What did you do?" Alice asked and Ann also looked at Alex with confusion as they felt his charm go down.

He didn't become less handsome; instead, the godly perfect face just looked less perfect even though they could see no changes in his face.

"I just lowered my charm a little. Although I like seeing you dazed now and then when I smile, I don't want both of you to be dazed looking at me every time I smile as it would make it hard for me to talk to you guys while smiling."

When they heard his words, they felt guilty since he had to lower his charm just so he could talk to them freely.

They felt that all their powers were useless and they couldn't even resist the charm of their 'friend' just so that he could talk with them freely.

Looking at them feeling guilty, Alex sighed and said, "You don't need to feel down. I know my charms are too high for anyone." He said with a smile, even though he had lowered the charm, it still caused the girls to blush. But they still looked at him weirdly as he sounded narcissistic.

"I didn't mean it like that, guys. I was talking statistically," Alex said and decided to let them know about one of his skills.

"I have a skill that lets me measure the statistics of a person."

His words caused the girls to focus, and they also felt some warmth in their hearts since one only tells someone about their skills if they have considerable trust in that person.

"What do you mean?" Alice asked while Ann also looked at him intently. Ann was listening carefully, wondering if they could use his abilities to make better plans for future raids.

She had her guesses about his ability, but when he started explaining, she became more and more surprised.

"It's as simple as I said, I can look at people's stats and abilities, think of it as an upgraded Inspect skill," Alex explained.

Both of them were surprised by his words—no, it was better to say that they were beyond surprised since it was an ability that could even be considered a life-saving ability in some cases.

So, they continued looking at him as if telling him to continue his explanation.

...............................................................

Leave some comments or reviews and let me know that you are reading my book or what you think about this book.