CHAPTER 22 - Awakened Beasts.

"Oh, what do we have here?"

Alex had been running from his place to the guild, he was not even breaking a sweat though. With his SS-raked stats, it wasn't hard for him to run this distance, still, if he were to use his full speed then he would reach the guild within an hour and also get a good workout.

He kept running until he heard a whimper, 'hungry, hungry...' he followed the voice he realized that it was not a human, as his Mind of Master passively lets him talk to any living entity.

When he found the source of the voice, he was a little surprised to see a dog- no, a wolf covered in blood, and even though it was very small, maybe a just-born baby, it still had an amazing affinity to darkness.

So, he picked him up and cleaned the blood on its body with water magic after he realized that the blood that was covering her was not her own blood.

Yes, it was a newborn female wolf, he then followed the trail of blood only to find the dead mother of the wolf, even the bay wolf saw her mother in front and even though the wolf didn't have any energy left in her, she still tried to move towards her.

Alex sighed when he heard the child calling his now dead mother as if she was alive, she kept repeating 'Mama, mama......' only to get silence in reply. Alex sighed again and pressed a point on the neck of the baby wolf, making her pass out.

Alex looked at Mother Wolf, contemplating whether he should take out the Mana core from it as it was an S-ranked beast it must have it.

In the end, he decided against it, leaving it for the baby wolf to decide in the future, and made a clean compartment of 2x3x5 m on the ground using the earth element and then picked up the wolf and gently placed her inside.

Even though the wolf was 2m high, 4m long, and might weigh more than 300kg it wasn't hard for Alex to pick her up.

He then used wind and earth elements to air-pack the mother wolf within the ground, so that her body which would have stayed without decaying for a long time as an S-ranked beast would stay like that for a lot longer in the air-tight place.

Alex also placed a permanent disguise over this place so that no one would be able to know that there is something inside, and even if someone did find something they wouldn't be able to see the Mother wolf that is buried inside.

After burying the mother wolf, he washed away the blood in this place so that it would not attract any other beast in the area when things were done, he embraced the wolf and started running towards the guild, though this time his speed was a little faster.

When Gates appeared and the awakening happened, it wasn't just humans who were awakened. Animals all around the world also started awakening, making many national sanctuaries or national parks, even some forests a restricted zone for normal people.

When the animals awakened just like humans, they also awakened skills and received different stats.

However, there was one difference, and it was that animals absorbed mana from nature to grow stronger, they can't increase their power with awakening potions or any other external agent.

Still, that didn't mean they were very strong, it took them a long time to even rank up with absorbing mana from nature.

In the five years since the appearance of the gate there have only been two or three animals that had grown stronger than S-rank and reached SS rank, the humans, however, believed that they were just stronger S-ranked monsters since the humans still don't know about the ranks above S-rank.

Having strong monsters outside the gates, ready to destroy a city is something very concerning but there is something beneficial as well.

Some people have awakened tamer skills, and the stronger ones can even tame the S-ranked monsters or animals, adding to the power of humanity.