CHAPTER 19 - A Trap?

It took them a while to reach Alex's house and when they reached there, Alice suddenly asked.

"When are you thinking of shifting to the house given by the guild?" Alice smiled as she said that.

She had selected the best house she could find that was near the location of their guild.

"I will move tomorrow since I don't have many things to pack." Alex also replied with a smile and Alice nodded her head.

"Don't forget to come to the guild after your shifting is done." Ann reminded him, that even though he was an Honorary Guild master he should still try to be present at the guild.

"Don't worry I will come by in the afternoon," Alex replied to her and then waved them goodbye as they drove away.

Alex ignored the guys that were now scattered around the area and went to his room. It was just his fourth day in this world including the day he took over the body and he already had a whole Association to fight.

He didn't complain though as the more enemies came his way the stronger he would get.

Alex entered his room and went to the bath, he really liked to bathe. After that was done, he went ahead and cooked something to eat. He was making a simple Italian bean stew, but he stopped midway and then continued as if nothing had happened.

"Do you guys like the spicy food?" he asked without moving his eyes from the dishes. When he was cooking, he felt some people entering his room and he knew who they were, so, he didn't say much and just observed what they wanted to do.

But they had yet to attack, so, he asked them the first question that came to his mind just to show them that he knew that they were in the room.

He heard three sounds of knives being drawn out and sighed, he could see that from the three people who entered two of them were girls and one was very beautiful.

When they were just behind him, he used temporal pause for the first time, and they paused where they were standing.

Alex turned around and observed the skill for a while, he felt that he could do much more, but something was stopping him, so, he tried forcing his way through but then he heard Sophia's voice.

[Stop!!! Don't force yourself whenever you feel something stopping you from using something. That is the feeling you would get on your restricted power, and you are not strong enough to break the restriction, so, it would cause some kind of backlash.]

Sophia hurriedly explained and Alex could only smile awkwardly, he didn't know anything about it or else he wouldn't have done that.

He then looked at the three Assassins in front of him, he wondered whether they were stupid or something, or else why would 3 C-rank Raiders even try to Assassinate an S-rank Raider?

Still, He didn't kill them immediately, since he felt there was something off about the situation as even if these three were stupid, the one who ordered them wouldn't be stupid.

After searching for them he found a pendant inside each of their pockets and he used All-seeing eyes on them.

[Self-destruction pendant (One-time use): after dropping blood on the pendant, it links with the one whose blood is dropped on it. When its owner dies this pendant causes a large explosion.]

Looking at the simple explanation Alex sighed and opened his Zone covering himself and the Assassins inside of it. Then he took out the Simple sword from his inventory and cut the heads of the assassins.

When the pendants felt that their owner had died, they blasted but the explosion didn't happen, or you could say that before the explosion could happen it was extinguished by Alex.

He could easily do things like this in the Zone, though without the Zone he could only control Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, and Space, not their derived abilities or their sub-abilities. For example – he can use and control water outside of the Zone, but inside it, he can control ice and steam as well.

Some people might think that it's a cheat ability, but it is what it is, and that is also the reason why those powerful entities waste their whole lives just to get a glimpse of it.

[You gained 240 SP from killing three normal C-ranked Raiders.]

[You can plunder everything from the enemy you have killed. Would you like to take everything from the dead enemy?]

'No, just take their stats and their memories about the one who ordered them.' Alex didn't see any useful skill in their skill set and how could he? Why would someone send a useful person for a suicide mission? So, he just took what could be useful for him, even if the stats of a C-ranked Raider would be nothing for him.

When he saw the memories, he got from the assassins he was surprised, but it was a welcomed surprise since this world was slowly getting interesting.

There was some kind of ban placed on their memories that they themselves didn't remember the names or faces of their higher-ups, which means there was someone who could manipulate memories or erase memories in this country or there was something entirely different at play here.

Alex had a strong feeling that it was probably the latter, so, he decided to leave the people behind this for now, but he would see how it goes.

For now, he decided to eat and sleep as it was better not to waste his time on something he didn't know.

............

"You didn't hear an explosion? All right, no need to do anything for now, just keep observing him and wait for my instructions."

Inside a dark room at who-knows-where, someone or to be precise a man as that is what it seemed if one looked at his silhouette, was sitting and observing three broken pendants that looked the same as the one Alex saw in the pockets of the Assassins.

"So, they failed huh?" The person who seemed to be a guy from his voice spoke as if talking to the air and then nodded as if getting a reply from someone.

"I know, I was just checking how strong he is right now, but how did he stop the explosion?" Confusion can be heard in his voice, and then he looks at a red-black dagger in his hand.

It was something that helped him very much and allowed him to become what he is now. He held the dagger tightly and looked in the air again and then smiled as if he heard something very pleasant.

"All right, let's not waste our time then." He got up after seemingly replying to the air but if Alex was here, he could have seen something very unique, something that no one other than one man was able to see. As for what it was, let's continue the journey with our hero Ash Ketch- sorry, Alex.

.................................................

Leave a comment or review to let me know your thoughts!