Marjorie - Harry x Reader

Authors note: Hello! Welcome back/to my book! This one shot is inspired by the song 'Marjorie' by Taylor Swift. It's written about Taylor's grandmother who passed away. Anyways, enjoy!

     One night, Y/n was sitting in bed in her dormitory, studying for the upcoming potions test. She looked at her books and began to highlight and make notes. She then heard someone walk up to the door and a letter slid under it. Confused, Y/n got up and picked it up from the floor.

It was addressed to Y/n Y/l/n, coming from her mother back in London.

She opened up the envelope and took out the letter on the inside.

Dearest Y/n,

I regret to inform you that your grandmother, Y/G/N (Your grandma's name, or just make up a name) has sadly passed away. When you come back after Christmas break, we'll talk about her will and resting place. 

Love, Mum.

     Y/n froze. She dropped the letter on the floor and collapsed onto her bed and began to cry. She had known her grandmother forever and lived with her for 3 years as well. The exact necklace she was wearing was a locket which had a picture of her grandma and her together. She buried her head in her pillow and sobbed for a while. She tried to stay quiet but was unsuccessful. She heard some shuffling from outside the door and then a knock. 

"Who is it?" Y/n asked, sniffing and trying to hide the fact that she was crying.

"Harry." Harry Potter said from the other side of the door. Y/n had been friends with Harry since the day they were partnered in charms class 2 years ago.

"Go away, Harry." Y/n growled. She thought Harry had left, so she put in her earbuds and put some muggle music on.

The song started. 

(Italics will be the song! Ex. These are italics)

"Never be so kind, you forget to be clever
Never be so clever, you forget to be kind"

    At once, she realized the song was 'Marjorie' by Taylor Swift. Tears began to well in her eyes as she realized who the song was about.

Her head shot up when she noticed the door creaking open and Harry standing in the doorway. 

"Hey." He said. "What happened?" Harry began to walk towards her.

     Y/n just shook her head and looked at the letter on the floor. Harry picked it up and read it, his face dropping when he found out. 

"What died didn't stay dead
What died didn't stay dead
You're alive, you're alive in my head"

     Harry said nothing, but sat on Y/n's bed beside her. 

"Can I?" He asked gesturing for her earbud.

Y/n took out one of her earbuds and handed it to Harry.

"Never be so polite, you forget your power
Never wield such power, you forget to be polite"

(Side note: Am I the only one who is grossed out by that or am I just crazy??)

Harry realized what song it was and frowned. He put his arm around Y/n, who was sitting with her knees in her arms and her head down. 

"And if I didn't know better
I'd think you were listening to me now
If I didn't know better
I'd think you were still around"

Harry began to hum the song and was rubbing Y/n's back.

"What died didn't stay dead
What died didn't stay dead
You're alive, you're alive in my head"

Y/n wouldn't stop crying. The fact that her grandmother had passed was just too much. Everything was too much. She decided to lift her head and she leant into Harry's embrace. Her head was on his chest and she was crying.

"What died didn't stay dead
What died didn't stay dead
You're alive, so alive" 

After the song was almost finished, Harry was still holding Y/n tightly. 

"And if I didn't know better
I'd think you were singing to me now
If I didn't know better
I'd think you were still around
I know better
But I still feel you all around
I know better
But you're still around"

     And just like that, the song ended. Y/n slightly sat up but kept her head on his chest. She felt him breathing and holding her tightly. She felt happy and safe. She relaxed in his arms and sighed. "Love Story" was now playing and Y/n got a bit red. 

     After a while, Y/n felt loads better. Nearing the end of "Love Story", Y/n spoke finally,

"Thank you, Harry." She whispered

     Harry nodded. "Of course, Y/n. I love y" he immediately cut himself off and pretended he didn't say that.

Y/n froze for a moment and then looked up at Harry.

"Harry?"

He looked away quickly but then turned but towards Y/n.

"I love you, Y/n." He said. 

He noticed that Y/n wasn't responding so he got the message that Y/n didn't feel that way about him.

"Right, erm, sorry. N-nevermind" he said.

"I..love you too, Potter," Y/n replied finally.

Harry turned back to her and smiled.

"Really?" He asked.

She laughed. "Really." And she leaned in to kiss him.

THE END!

Sorry it was so short I didn't expect it to end up that short but nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed! Word count: 830! Thanks for reading! I enjoyed making a song one and I might end up doing one for the song "Gorgeous". Anyways, thank you for reading!