36 - it's been a while

age: 11
mom: scarlett
dad: colin

-

scarlett's pov
I've been away filming for two months now, and i'm finally coming home today to my husband and my beautiful daughter whom i've both missed dearly, especially my daughter, we have such an attachment to each other, anywhere you see me, you'll catch my daughter nearby.

I now just can't wait to just get home and receive all my cuddles that i've missed out on, thankfully these past 2 months, Colin has took time off work to look after Y/n, i wasn't comfortable at all with leaving her home alone during the day whilst he went to work, so he took his time off.

With only being ten/fifteen minutes away from home, i find myself thinking about what'll happen when i get home, i'm sure Colin will be there to greet me like he always does and my daughter will come running up to me with her cute little face and chubby cheeks.

Sighing with a smile, i think about the night i'll have, together with my family, Y/n will probably be in our bed and we'll all be cuddled up together, warm and happy, i'm sure these past months Y/n has probably been sleeping in my bed anyway with Colin.

"Scarlett, you're home" My driver says as he pulls up inside our gates, i let out a small squeal and smile brightly, my driver gets out and opens my door, and the trunk, pulling out all of my luggage and bringing it up to my front door, i bring my coat and my bag and i thank him as he passes by.

Standing in front of my door, i let out another sigh before placing my key in the hole and opening the door, i instantly hear my daughters giggles as i assume her and Colin are playing a game. I pick up all my stuff and move into the house, purposefully shutting the door loudly behind me.

My daughters giggles and laughter stops as it all goes silent before small murmurs are heard, then the footsteps of what sounds like an elephant before my daughter comes into view and screams, freezing in her spot before she starts running at me.

I drop everything i have in my hands and arms and kneel down on one knee and open up my arms and Y/n comes running at me, colliding with me at full force which almost knocks me back, she continues squealing and repeating my name.

"Hi my baby" I whisper lovingly as i take in her hug and her presence which i've missed so much, i've missed having my little buddy around me all the time, i hold her tightly and close my eyes as we embrace each other.

"Scarlett" Colin's voice comes from beside me and i smile even more as i look up and see him kneeling down beside me, i smile and lean forward, connecting my lips with his and resting my forehead against his, he also moves to hug me and now we're all stuck in one big hug.

"We missed you mommy" Y/n claims and she buries her head deeper into my neck, moving her hand to my hair, Colin chuckles and pulls back, standing up and twisting his back.

"I missed you guys too, it's been too long" I say squeezing Y/n again, standing up also because my knees and legs are starting to hurts, Y/n stands with me and now i'm in an awkward position of half bent down as she doesn't let go of my neck.

Instead of telling her to let go, which would be cruel as i haven't seen her for two months, i hook my hands under her arms and legs and lift her up, onto my hip and let her do her own thing with digging her head back into my shoulder.

"Did you have fun with daddy?" I ask sitting on the sofa, Colin also sits beside me, clearly happy i'm home as he hasn't stopped smiling, i lean my back into him and he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Mhm, we went to the park and lots of fun places, he even let me have ice cream for breakfast some mornings!" Y/n squeals, i raise my eyebrow as she quietens down but keeps giggling and looks at Colin skeptically, the secrets been released.

"Well, i'm glad you had fun my darling. Have you slept in your bed?" I ask with an wiggle of my eyebrow which earns me a laugh from Y/n as she shakes her head and claims that she hasn't.

"I slept on your side all night momma, and dada said 'when you are going to sleep in your own room' and i never did" Y/n laughs and covers her mouth cheekily, i cant help at smile at how adorable she is telling her stories.

"Mommy i missed you a lot" Y/n says, snuggling back into my neck, Colin sighs and lets out a laugh which tells me that she clearly had missed me a lot.

"Tears. Everyday, like, literally anywhere we were, if you were mentioned, meltdown instantly" Colin explains and rubs my shoulder, i hum and nod as i rub my fingers down Y/n's back in a soothing manner.

"And i cried before bed" Y/n pipes up which makes me and Colin laugh at how confidently and how proudly she said it, i smile and look down Y/n who looked exhausted and was fiddling with my necklace on my chest.

"Don't even get me started on bedtime" Colin groans and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and resting his head on my shoulder, i laugh louder and throw my head back as i can just imagine Colin trying to calm Y/n down but having no idea how to do so.

"It was just a little hard mama" Y/n speaks with a cheeky smile as she sits up on my lap and plays with my lip, i smile and rub my nose against hers making her squeal as her face scrunches up.

Y/n lets out a big yawn as she falls against my chest, i chuckle and keep rubbing my fingers down her back which soon enough relaxes her completely into my hold, Colin's rubbing my arms which then makes me relax into his hold and i lean my head further into his chest.

"I bet you're sleepy huh?" I mumble and kiss Y/n's forehead, Y/n lets out a small hum as she closes her eyes and holds onto my tighter, there isn't one bit of her body that isn't touching mine right now as she's fully laying on top of me.

"I love you my darling girl" I murmur into my daughters ear, she smiles and curls up to my more and places her cheek on my chest which causes her mouth to make a small O shape which i think is the cutest thing ever, i love when she does that.

"And i love you" I say looking back up and Colin who smiled and connects his lips with mine, i smile into our kiss before pulling back and resting my head on him comfortably again, he moves to running his fingers through my hair, and after a long day of travelling home, i decide to take a nap too.

-

Hi :)
This is the last chapter for this book, and i'm currently making another one, no promises it'll come out soon or even at all, i'm that person who makes like 500 books and forgets about them, but there will be something out soon if anyone is still interested in reading any of my books <3