Chapter 33

*Nisha Pov*

"Hey, are you fine?" Pavani asked when I reached the college.

I nodded at her smiling and walked inside the classroom. I sat in my place and took a deep breath.

I zoned out for all the classes thinking why I always hope, something which I am sure is not in my plate anymore.

I actually thought perhaps we were improving, and possibly we will have a normal relation, but looks like I am just a fool.

"So is he treating you well?" Aunty asked when we walked inside the kitchen.

"He is!" I replied smiling.

"Do you know he was smitten by Indu? He never left her alone and was always around her even when they are engaged." She said smiling, and I can see the honesty in those eyes.

And for the first time, I felt something twisted inside. It was never a problem for me that he was hers but right now after yesterday I don't think I can hear it.

"I am sure he must be still missing her. And wishing that he never lost her." She said, and I can see tears forming in her eyes.

"I will go." I said walking outside.

That second onwards her words are ringing inside my head, and I was right, he was really emotional that day.

I felt angry, but I also understood because that's what friends do right? I should be normal with him because I can't go back living like a stranger throughout my life.

"Nisha!" I felt someone shake me, and I looked up to see Pavani and Rajeev.

"Yes?" I asked her frowning.

"You are still not 22 and are just 21. Are you trying to be a gray haired soon with so many worries in your head?" Pavani asked glaring at me.

"I am just 21." I replied, leaning back suddenly tired.

"Just wait a few more weeks, and you will be 22. Are you worried about that?" Rajeev asked frowning.

"Why do I feel suddenly so young?" I asked them with tears forming in my eyes.

"Hey!" they said pulling me out of my seat and actually pulled me out of the college too.

They just drove while I sat in the back seat of Pavani's car glancing outside. They stopped in front of Pavani's house and again dragged me inside.

They made me sit on the bed and sat in front of me placing two chairs before me.

"Is this investigation?" I asked them suddenly looking the way they were glancing at me.

"Tell us what happened and what made you cry so suddenly." Pavani said holding my hand.

"When are you going to marry Pavani?" I asked her back.

"Wow! Well, after studies I will do some job for one year like that and get married." She replied frowning.

"Means you will be nearly 24 right?" I asked her.

"I wanted to be married at that age thinking I will be matured enough to handle a new life." I said before she can reply.

"Did he say anything?" Rajeev asked worriedly.

"No! But I wish I had some more maturity and also the knowledge or at least the essence of love before, so that I would have felt better in my present situation." I replied closing my eyes.

"I know we both are just friends, and he is depending on me when he is getting emotional. It is a good thing right?" I asked them.

"It is!" Pavani replied.