Chapter 36

*Sudhir Pov*

I stopped myself from doing what she asked and lifted her up in my arms after getting up and she stared at me confused.

"Let's go to sleep." I said, placing her on our bed, and I lay down beside her which she continued to look at me confused.

"Good night!" She mumbled, closing her eyes, and I pulled her to me.

"Good night!" I whispered back.

I stared at her sleeping face and smiled to myself. She is in my world too, along with Ayesha. I thought, smiling more and decided to tell her that, but stopped thinking I should tell her in a special way.

I woke up along with her and said I will prepare the breakfast for us today. She nodded without putting up a fight, which I thought she would.

"Happy birthday, Mom." Ayesha rushed downstairs holding something in her hands.

"Thank you, dear." Nisha said, hugging her.

"Here!" Ayesha said, giving her a paper.

I walked towards them and saw a drawing of a man, a woman and a kid. On top of them, she wrote Mom, Dad and me.

"It is so beautiful. Thank you so much." Nisha said with tears falling from her eyes.

She hugged Ayesha tightly, and I stood back watching them smiling. This is really a special bond.

"This is not fair Ayesha. You didn't give me any gift, but you gave one to your Mom." I said complaining.

"You hate cartoon." She said looking at me.

"You are mean." I said, walking back inside the kitchen.

"What is your Dad's name?" Nisha asked her.

"Mean!" Ayesha replied, and I chuckled hearing them.

"I will not go to school." Ayesha said, and I stared at her in shock.

"Nisha! Can you pinch me?" I asked her forwarding my hand.

"Is it raining outside?" Nisha asked shocked.

"She would have gone to school even when it is raining." I replied.

"I want to spend Mom's birthday with her." She said, and I frowned.

"You went to your school on my birthday." I accused her.

"You are old. And mom is just 22." She said, showing two fingers in each hand.

"And I am just thirty. See even the fingers are less than your Mom." I said, showing three fingers in one hand and fisted my other hand.

"You are not going to school." Nisha said, and Ayesha shouted excitedly.

"Ok! We will go somewhere." I said nodding.

"No! Not a park. I am feeling lazy today, so just stay in the home and watch some movie and have a takeout food." Nisha said and we both nodded.

We ordered food, and Nisha started searching for DVD along with Ayesha. After the food delivered, we three sat on the floor in front of the couch and started watching the movie.

After one movie finished, we played some board games together and mostly Ayesha and Nisha won. I was fine with that, but then they started teasing me even after the lunch.

"Why don't you both go for spa?" I suggested.

"Spa?" Nisha asked, frowning.

"Yeah! Just spoil yourselves a little and get her some manicure too. She loves that right." I replied.