CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Chapter Twenty-Six

Saying our good luck to each other everyone set out going their own way. Fang, Hiro, Link, and I went ahead of the others moving quickly through fields making our way towards the Order’s base. It was silence as we moved. All of still as we travel but the dawn's light. Then it felt as if the ground was rumbling.

“What is that?” Fang asked as we all got our weapons at the ready. Lifting his arm up Hiro pointed to a spot ahead of us. My eyes followed his fingers as I saw them. In five rows of six there was at least thirty blocks all marching towards us. “Goddess,” Fang breathed out as he watched the soldiers of the Order.

“Have you forgotten. The Gods are on their side.” Link said with a frown on his face.

“So is it too late to trade sides. I mean heaven on earth can’t be that bad at least they are Gods.” Fang gave a small laugh and Link rolled his eyes.

“No way,” I took a step forward. “The Order think they can do whatever they want. They can’t though. I won’t allow them to bring anything here. This is the first stand boys. We will fight them here buy the others time to set up.”

“Someone really need to tell you what the word scout mean. Hiro make a note of it. If we live through this we are buying Zero a directory. One of those big heavy ones.”

“Rhett,” I hissed ignoring Fang as I saw the leader of the Order leading the attack. To his left was Aella and to his right Wati.

“The God of Chaos.” Hiro said taking a step forward. “The Goddess of War.”

“How do you even kill a God?” Fang asked as Hiro tighten his hand around his scythe.

“The same way you kill a demon.” Hiro tone was flat emotionless. “You beat them until they don’t move anyway.”

“Sounds about right to me.” I agreed as we held the line waiting for this army to reach us. They came over the hill spotting the four standing in their path. I could hear Rhett laughing as he glared at us. My lips pulled back into a sneer. It would give me great pleasure to kill this man. I’ve hated him since the first say we meant.

“Zassago,” He called out my demon name and I growled slightly again. “Where have you hidden my son?” I watched a Aella stared at me as well. These two were the worse parents in the history.

“Why so you can kill him?” I called back to them and Aella eyes shifted to the ground. Was that guilt I was seeing from the Goddess. “You can have Soji.” I told him my nails and fangs going to there demon length. “If you can get through me.”

“We do not have time for their games.” Wati said and my eyes shifted over to him. “Aella come we are moving on. I trust it you can handle two humans and two demons.”

“Wati,” Link yelled and Wati eyes shifted over to him. “If you laid one finger on Nero I will rip your hand from your body and fest upon the tainted blood in your veins.”

“That will be the day little demon.” Wati said as he and Aella disappeared with a little over half of their army.

“They’re going ahead.” Fang called and I growled as I looked back at Rhett.

“Go Fang warm Ban.” I told him and he turned from us running towards the east as fast as he could. I watched as his body changed into a wolf and he gain speed. A boy stepped up through the ranks and I noticed him as the boy who stood beside Soji the very first night I saw him. The long sword he had in his hand was drawn as he pointed it towards us.

“Allow me to fight beside you father.” he spoke and Hiro scythe changed into a broadsword.

“He’s mine.” Hiro said with a smile on his face. “It’s been awhile since I had a good sword fight.”