Part 1

Decepticon Warship:

Soundwave  online his optics slowly and groaned softly. He felt tired and groggy. It had been a total of two Earth weeks now that he had not been recharging well. Or as well as he should. He slowly pushed himself off the berth and made his way to his private wash racks, courtesy of being TIC. The silent mech took off his visor and set it down on a nearby counter and ran a servo over his optics. 

Laserbeak: eject. He commanded sluggishly through the bond the two shared. With a click and a hiss, the small plane detached itself from Soundwave's chassis and transformed into it's original bird-like frame. Laserbeak flapped his wings, squawked, and flew back into the berthroom, no doubt to go back into recharge while Soundwave took a shower. 

Soundwave turned on the shower and let the water warm up. A few minutes later, he stepped in and let the water run down his frame and his processor wander. For some reason, his mind kept wandering to back on Cybertron, the day he lost his sparkling. His small femmeling, Skyrider, was safe in a sparkling care while the fighting took place outside. It was actually  Starscream who sent his troops to blow up the sparkling cares and hospitals. When sound wave arrived at the sparkling care, he was too late. Piles of rubble and dead sparkling and femme bodies littered the ground. It was then he realized his sparkling was gone.

He hadn't found a body, but the again, Skyrider was in the section of the building that would have been the most affected by the blast, so she had probably been burnt beyond recognition. Megatron had been beyond furious when he learned of Starscream's act. He'd beaten the seeker to where he was unable to fly until they reached planet Earth. Soundwave took pleasure in all the pain the seeker went though. Of course, Soundwave never told Megatron of his sparkling and especially not of Overdrive. Both were Autobot. 

Soundwave sighed and turned off the water, stepped out and dried himself off. He had a long day ahead.

Autobot base:

Optimus online his optics and stretched. His recharge had been short, but he still felt well rested. He turned over and looked into the peaceful face of Ratchet and smiled. It had been a wonder to get the medic to recharge with him. Just a sweet and simple recharge. Ratchet had had a long day yesterday, as well as the others. A large energon mine had been located and they had successfully gotten enough energy to last them for a month or two. 

"Good morning'." Ratchet said, as he pushed himself up, "Good recharge?" Optimus nodded. 

Ratchet stood and stretched. "Well get your lazy aft up. It's your turn to help me clean the medbay before the children and June get here." Optimus looked confused. June is coming today? "Yes, she is." Ratchet answered. He hadn't realized he'd spoken aloud. 

Later that day:

Optimus watched as June pulled into the base and parked. As June got out, he saw she looked happier today than usual. June greeted Miko and Raf at the TV and kissed Jack on the head, earning a "Mom! Gross...!" from the said teen. From there, June walked up to Ratchet at the monitor, "Guess what." 

"What?" Ratchet answered. 

"I saved somebody's life today." She said with pride, standing straiter. Ratchet took a moment to look at her, as if he never thought she could do such a thing. 

"But you're a nurse. Isn't it the doctor's job to save the lives?" He asked. She nodded, but kept smiling. 

"The doctor was giving the poor man the wrong medicine, making him worse. If I'd not corrected it, he'd be dead." Ratchet stared at the human. 

"Are you expecting praise or something from me?" She shook her head. "No. I just want to know if I did the right thing behind everyone's back and switching the man's medication." She looked up at Ratchet again. 

"Well I suppose if you saved his life, it was the right thing." 

"Thanks Ratch!" She smiled again. She was about to say something else, but the monitor beeped. 

Ratchet looked back at the screen and his optics widened. "Optimus, it looks like we've found some sort of Autobot escape pod!"