Part 11

Outside:

Everyone started when Ravage jumped up and bolted to the wreckage. He jumped up into beams until he stood on the top of the pile, next to the big beam. With a roar, the cat stepped back then lurched forward, slamming his helm into the beam with a CLANG! Laserbeak moved bits and pieces of the base away from the beam while Ravage kept pushing it. 

Optimus caught on first, leaping up to the beam and pushing it with all his strength. Ratchet and the rest of the Autobots followed. 

Megatron turned to his troops. "Soundwave needs to get out, doesn't he?" And made his way to the beam. The rest of the Deceptions scrambled to follow. 

With all the combined Cybertronians' help, the beam began to move. It shifted and gave away, tumbling down the pile to rest in the sand at the bottom. With the beam out of the way, Soundwave should be able to get out easier. 

Ravage growled at them to get off the pile before they caused another cave in. They wisely listened. The Cybercat stuck his head into a gap and roared loud. Then he lurched back as a purple plasma blast broke through the gap. Then another and another. Soundwave was breaking through! 

Then, a thin servo shot up from the wreckage like some crazy suspense movie. Then Soundwave's helm popped up and the rest of his body followed. Only, his back faced them. He stood there for a few seconds, blowing thick smoke from his vents. Long gashes bled on his legs and torso. One of his legs sparked crazily and a some wires on his side too.  

Some of his paint was melted and some of it bubbled on his frame. Then he turned around.

Bits and pieces of the visor was gone and piercing purple optics shone brightly. They could even make out bits of his mouth. His face was beautiful. It was completely smooth, no scars or hideous disfigurement. A chirp from in his arms caught their attention. A small helm popped out and looked around. Wide violet eyes studied the scene before her. She buried her head back against Soundwave.

Skyrider was shaken up. The only comfort she wanted was that of her Sire and the soothing waves from Ravage and Laserbeak. She could hear Soundwave's calm and gentle spark from where she lay in his arms. He felt relieved and happy. She was glad. The only emotions she'd felt from him moments ago were ones she never wanted to feel again. Fear, desperation, a loss of hope. It scared her. 

She must have started to whimper because her Sire rubbed her helm and squeezed her lightly. She felt him make his way away from the wreckage and towards the group of mechs that were waiting. she caught sight of her other family, the Autobots. They looked relieved, happy, but confused. She trilled at them. She was safe, did they no know that?

Her Sire stopped between the two groups of mechs. Her family and the other strangers. It was like he did not know which side to go to. Was her Sire friends with the strange mechs? Maybe, he was a very likable mech. 

A large silver mech stepped towards them. He stared at her with emotionless optics. She stared right back. 

~SW~

Megatron stared at the small sparkling in Soundwave's arms.  "What is the meaning of this, Soundwave?" He asked. Soundwave seemed to smile at him.

"I needed to save her." He said, as if that explained everything. 

"Why?" 

"She is special to me."

Why would this small little thing be important to Soundwave? 

"Soundwave?" It was Prime. He'd made his way over to the trio. "What is your relationship with Skyrider?" 

Soundwave sighed. "I think we should discuss this further," He said, "without interruptions." His gaze shifted to the troops who were starting to gossip among themselves. 

"Go back to the Nemesis!" Megatron bellowed. "Everyone except the officers return to your posts!" Thankfully everyone did as they were told. 

"Can we all use the spare meeting room on the Nemesis for this, Megs?" Soundwave whispered to him. Megatron's optics brightened. Soundwave hadn't called him'Megs' since the academy. It was a nickname reserved for parties and sleepovers between close friends. 

"Of course." He said, "But if any of the Autobots touch my stuff I will blow their heads off." Soundwave barked a laugh. 

"Fine by me. Just don't kill them. Sky's taken a liking to the lot of them."