Part 2

Autobot Base:

Optimus perked. An Autobot escape pod? New Autobots! They had hope winning the war yet. He hurried over to the monitor and looked over his medic's shoulder. "Can we tell who might be inside?" He asked. 

Ratchet shook his helm, "The pod had some sort of field, most likely shielding the identity and keeping it from cons. It's in a clearing, if we take the groundbridge, we will have an easy advantage. But we have to hurry!"

Optimus got Bumblebee and Bulkhead to come with him. The small meadow they landed in had soft green grass and tall trees. There was no sign of a crash landing anywhere.

"Boss? Are you sure we are at the right coordinates?" Bulkhead asked, his voice laced with confusion. Ratchet's voice boomed over the com link, "Do you think I sent you to the wrong coordinates?!" Bulkhead stiffened and quickly responded with a "no, Ratch, sorry, Ratch" and shut off his comm.

Optimus surveyed the area again, taking in the tall trees, rock beds, and colorful bushes. It was a very beautiful meadow indeed. The some sunlight shone on a specific rock bed and he saw a glint. Metal.

Optimus led Bee and Bulkhead to the rock bed and porceeded to pull off rocks and vines. Sure enough, a small escape pod lay in a pile of rocks.

But only then did he hear the approach of jets.

20 min earlier; Decepticon warship:

A loud beep disturbed Megatron form his thoughts. "What is it?!" He boomed, relishing how the dornes flinched and jumbled for an answer.

One drone spoke up. "I-it seems we've f-found an Autobot e-escape p-pod, sir..."

Megatron snarled. More lowly Autobots. Why not loyal Decepticons?! Why?! Megatron shouted at Starscream to gather some drones and take care of it, until he realized this was an Autobot ship. Which most likely meant more Autobots would come. No. Starscream wouldn't succeed.

Instead, Megatron got Soundwave and Dreadwing. They were loyal and would 99.9% come back with a new Autobot prisoner.

Dreadwing warily watched Soundwave fly beside him. The TIC was (as usual) quiet and he flew strait. He didn't even falter. Starscream would be jealous! It amazed Dreadwing how Soundwave stayed calm and collected on the warship. Especially with Starscream's whining, considering Starscream's seemed to ALWAYS be near Soundwave when his whined and bitched.

Then, Soundwave angled himself downwards and glided towards a small meadow below. Oh! We're here! Dreadwing realized and angled himself downwards as well, speeding towards the meadow.

Optimus aimed his blaster at Dreadwaing as the huge Cybertronian barreled towards him. With dread, he recognized the slim, indigo plating of the Decepticon communications officer, Soundwave. That mech was trouble.

Soundwave was helm to helm with Bulkhead and Bumblbee was sneaking towards the pod. The pod looks like it'd been there for AGES, Bumblebee mused.

The pod was obviously old and the way Earth vegetation was growing on it meant that it hadn't crashed recently.

Bumblebee found the pod's latch after snapping some vines and started to pull at the handle. It wouldn't budge. He pulled again. Still nothing.

Then, with a growl, he shot the latch and the door opened with a hiss.

The pod itself was smaller than most escape pods, and judging by the clean interior, it was one of the last made pods on Cybertron. Only one thing seemed out of place. One BIG thing.

There was no one inside the pod.

All that was in there was, fancy this, another pod. A tiny, tiny stasis pod. The pod had beautiful hand carved designs on it and it was locked up tight.

Must be something important, Bee thought as he dragged the stasis pod form the escape pod. 

Soundwave threw the green Autobot off him and stood. The weight of that boy was astonishing! Even for him! All in all, he had a few dents and bruises, but he could still fight. The green Autobot wouldn't last long.

A flash of yellow out of the corners of his optics gained his attention. The Autobot scout. The scout seemed to be sneaking away with something...

Dreadwing slammed into his side, knocking him off balance. Optimus was really beating up the seeker. "We have to retreat!" Dreadwing cried as one of Optimus' blasts nearly took off his arm. Soundwave shook his head and replayed Megatron's orders, "Bring me that Autobot! I'll make him my prisoner!"

Dreadwing scoffed, "Well, how are we supposed to bring back a prisoner of there is no new Autobot?!"

Soundwave was surprised, even though he didn't show it. No Autobot? Was he really that caught up in his fight to not notice?

In surrender, Soundwave nodded. "Retreat!" Megatron's voice recording said. Dreadwing nodded gratefully and took to the sky. Soundwave just about transformed when a glint caught his optic.

In the Autobot scout's arms, a small, silver stasis pod lay. With beautiful designs. Hand crafted by Overdrive. His sparkling was in that pod!