Part 7

Autobot base:

Skyrider napped peacefully in her new crib in the corner of Optimus and Ratchet's room. Painting had been exhausting! She'd painted two pictures of Optimus, one of Ratchet, and some of the humans. It was fun to paint them! But she had been let down when Beatle never showed up. She was sure he was somewhere but she couldn't find  him. She'd looked all over the big room but he was no where to be found. She would check the long, dark hallways later. 

::Skyrider?:: She snapped awake. What was that?! A voice! She had heard it before! A long time ago. It belonged to a very nice mech, she remembered. She chirped back to the voice. ::I can talk to you. Good.:: She was confused. Why wouldn't this nice mech not be able to talk? ::Do you remember me?:: It asked. She shook her head and muttered a 'no'. She could FEEL the mech's sadness and disappointment when she said that. ::I am your Sire. My name is Soundwave.:: 

Her Sire!? This nice mech was her Sire! It made perfect sense actually. She remembered most of her life was spent with this mech and her Carrier. But she couldn't feel Carrier anymore. That made her sad. But she could feel her Sire. That was good.

She asked him if he knew where Beatle was. She got a chuckle in response. ::I am Beatle, youngling.:: He said. She was startled. Beatle was small but Sire was very big. How could they be the same. ::Beatle is a holoform.:: Like she was supposed to know what a 'holoform' was. He laughed again when he felt her confusion and small burst of annoyance. ::Solid light, Sky.:: He explained. It made little sense, but she rolled with it. 

::Do you like it with Optimus and the rest?:: He asked. She replied with a 'yes'. Optimus was nice and kind. Ratchet was stern but he loved her too. She loved them back. But now she sent burst after burst of love, relief, and happiness through the bond. She loved how she could feel someone else in her life. It made her happy. Soundwave made her feel loved.

Deception warship:

Soundwave was beyond happy. He could communicate with his sparkling. He could FEEl  her. He could feel her emotions, some thoughts, and a lot of love. Now, he could talk to her, sing to her, laugh with her. He could teach her over the bond as well. He had a connection. 

He abandoned his post, he was done after all, and retreated to his quarters.  He wanted to introduce his symbionts to Skyrider. Ravage looked up when he entered the room. Laserbeak detached herself from his chest to sit on is berth. She chirped, wanting to know why he's been so happy. 

They knew Skyrider was alive and with the Autobots. He'd had to physically keep Ravage from storming the base to get the sparkling back. Even Laserbeak had shouted and fought. They loved Skyrider. He doubted she remembered them but maybe she would once she felt them. 

Soundwave quickly explained to them that he had re-opened the bond with Skyrider and they could talk to her now too. They were ecstatic, Laserbeak especially. She had so much fun playing with Sky back on Cybertron. She wondered if Sky was still small enough to fly with her in her talons...

Ravage was the first to attempt to talk with Sky. He roared in accomplishment when he got through. Soundwave watched Ravage talk with her. From reading Ravage's expression, they were having a great time. Laserbeak was next. Ravage growled when she pushed her way into the bond. She felt Sky chirp at the new addition, but then she felt a wave of happiness from Sky. Sky recognized her! 

Soundwave sighed as he leaned back on his berth, listening to his symbionts laughs. This was going to be a long afternoon. 

Autobot base:

Eyes and optics stared at Skyrider in the middle of the room. She was just sitting there giggling, chirping, and laughing. "What is she doing?" Arcee asked. Ratchet shrugged. 

"Maybe she has a very vivid imagination? Plotting a prank? I don't know." 

Jack looked at Skyrider closely. She was tilting her head slightly to the right. "Maybe she's comming someone?" He suggested. 

Ratchet snapped his gaze to him and back to Skyrider. She did look like she was talking... But if she was, to whom? 

Then, Sky sighed and stretched out. Her optic lids drooped and her systems calmed down. She was tired again.