Part 4

Autobot base:

June's white car parked in a reserved corner of the base just for her. Optimus tightened his arms around Skyrider protectively before getting confused and loosening them again. For some reason, he did not want June anywhere near Skyrider. As if she was going to hurt the sparkling, as crazy as it sounds. 

June stepped out the car and walked towards the kids, ruffling their hair and asking about school. She hadn't seen their newest addition yet. The sharp click-clack of her high heeled shoes was starting to irritate his audios, and was no doubt starting to wake Skyrider up. 

The children greeted June halfheartedly, still in shock from the revealing of the sparkling. June noticed this. 

"Jack, what's wrong?" She asked, leaning closer to her son. Jack shook his head, gave a nervous grin, and pointed at Skyrider in Optimus' arms. "What's that?" The mother asked.

"A sparkling." Ratchet answered emotionless. June gave him a 'wtf' look and crossed her arms. Ratchet rolled his optics, "A Cybertronian baby." Just then, Skyrider shifted, curling into Optimus' chassis and yawned. Tiny arms reached into the air and grasped at nothingness. The sparkling's armor flared and she sneezed. She wasn't used to the dry dustiness of the air yet. 

"Wow..." June murmured. "Amazing. She's beautiful...!" On the couch, Jack, Miko, and Raf nodded in agreement. They'd never seen a sparkling before, but Optimus knew Skyrider was and would always be beautiful. 

"Where'd she come from?" June asked, "Is she Arcee's?" Arcee made a sound equivalent of a human coughing. 

"Um, no, June... She's not mine. We found her in a pod." Arcee said slowly, eyeing June. Skyrider squealed and kicked her legs, a wide smile forming across her face plates.  

"It's a wonder she's not screaming and throwing a fit. Sparklings don't necessarily like stasis pods too much. Too little movement for such a long stretch of time." Ratchet looked on at Skyrider with gratitude and leaned closer to her, "Thank you for not throwing a tantrum. I don't think my audios could handle it." Skyrider squealed again and grasped Ratchet's face. Optimus willingly handed her over to the medic. 

While Skyrider spoke gibberish to Ratchet, Optimus kneeled in front of the humans to explain, but still spoke loud enough for the rest of the bots in the base could hear.

"Long ago on Cybertron, while Decepticons and Autobots alike took safety pods to other planets, I found a pod. This pod was buried under the rubble, shut tight. I figured it was a pod holding a relic or an important weapon, based on how tightly it was shut. I opened the pod and found Skyrider in it," he said, motioning to the happy sparkling in Ratchet's arms,

"I knew it wasn't safe for me to take her out, take her with me to Earth, so I sent her into space in a safety pod. I feared I'd lost her and she was still out drifting in space, to be forever in stasis. I thought I'd never see her again, yet here she is." A warm smile crossed his face but disappeared as soon as it came. "We have to keep her from the Decepticons at all costs. She is too valuable to lose."

Skyrider went silent and looked at Optimus, cooing. She looked so innocent in Ratchet's arms. So badly he wished Skyrider was his and Ratchet's child. Maybe one day. 

"She is so cute," June suddenly squealed, "who could ever leave a cutie like you?" Skyrider smiled and reached out to the human. Ratchet set Skyrider on the ground and June rushed forward and pinched the soft metal cheeks murmuring "so cute, so cute" over and over again. Skyrider was enjoying the attention. 

With Soundwave:

Soundwave hummed to himself, pleased. It really wan't hard finding the Autobot base. All he did was follow the human other in her car where she promptly disappeared into a fragging rock. It was so easy to find, he was surprised the Deceptions hadn't found it sooner. 

Soundwave shifted on his perch overlooking the large rock the Autobots called home. It was a large rock, yes, but to Cybertronians, it was tight fit. How would Skyrider feel there? He knew from experience that the femmeling hated tight spaces. Overdrive had too. Oh, how he missed Overdrive. She was the perfect femme. Skyrider looked so similar to her. She had Overdrive's color, shape, and attitude. She was the spitting image of her Carrier. Soundwave needed her back.

Soundwave itched to somehow find his was inside without the proximity alarms going off. Then, he heard the chck, check, check of helicopter blades. Agent Fowler. He'd memorized the name, for it was quite familiar around the Deceptions. Stubborn human, that one. Soundwave fun himself behind another large rock when an idea struck him. Holoforms. Lord Megatron had demanded one be made for every officer. The holoform allowed Soundwave to produce a solid light image of anything. Yes, it was going to work. 

A/N

Sorry for not updating for months and months, things have been crazy and stressful, but FINALLY it's Christmas break! More updating! Yay!

~ Alex