Challenging

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to all the readers who voted or commented on the last chapter or added Kingsfoil to their reading list! DefyingDeath, TiedinRed, CJ_Callahan90, Havecouragebkind, Elf_and_an_agent, Helen_FaNgIrL_ , The_Midnight_Fangirl, LorienPrincess, princesswithashotgun, LOVING_Bear_Hugs , lidiaaaa,_503 KaraMartinez0 , Lotr_elves_tolkien , GG-Dreamer , niepoprawneslowa , tolkienfan00 , Tammyt70 , MavisMcQueen , northern_nights , syxhirxhnx , toffee3326 , The_Midnight_Fangirl , OliviaSmith115 , ShaeLeeSnow , esther89110  sandy1999 , LittleDreamer32 , and WoodElf_Fyleth, NettleGoblinshimmer!

This is the longest chapter yet...

.  .  .  .  .  .  . 

Four hundred years ago...

Her eyes fixed on the scribbled-on parchment between them, Narylfiel leaned across the table from King Thranduil.

"This cannot happen," she said and pointed to the sheet. Then with him watching, she picked up his pen from the inkwell and scratched a thick, drippy line through his perfectly penned set of names.

Thranduil had invited the young elleth to plan the upcoming Feast of Starlight with him. Galadhor, his chief of staff, had encouraged the idea, hinting that Narylfiel would benefit from some gainful employment of her time.

Now the king arched an eyebrow at her new addition to his well thought out seating arrangement. A look that he had cultivated over the years, the singular arched brow was particularly effective in silencing his opposition.

Narylfiel's mouth curved into a smile, and she mirrored him with an eyebrow raise of her own. "I can do that too," she said. "Thaliniel hates it, but secretly?" she leaned in a little. "I think she's just a little jealous that she can't do it!"

Thranduil would not be deterred. "Why do you believe that Lady Selieth should not sit with Lord Erndir?" He asked, pointing to where she had just crossed out the pairing at the table.