Panicked

Thank  you to all the readers who voted or commented the last chapter! e_Silmarwen_elf, RacquelIrishlilyhbElf_and_an_agenttolkienfan00debisrumdreamer0NettleGoblinshimmerprincesswithashotgunrose5607bre2333CJ_Callahan90Sapphire36HavecouragebkindThe_Midnight_Fangirlniepoprawneslowa_Dreamyn_, GG-Dreamer, earwen_eledhwen, Tammyt70, love_live_read_books,

AND...Thank you for all the follows and adding Kingsfoil to your reading lists:
InweElensar, lilyhardy17, Thoaria, 17BabyDoll, NettleGoblinshimmer, Tammyt70, IliahOrpilla
I love you all!

Chapter 21: Panicked

Four hundred years ago...

Narylfiel  panicked. The hall was dark and wide, too wide! She hurtled out of her  room and swept her eyes down the low-lit corridor. It was the middle of  the night, and the royal wing was empty. Not even Thranduil's guards  were anywhere to be found. Narylfiel choked back a sob as she remembered  her dream, where a pleasant walk through the forest had branched off  into to a dark path, lined with winding dark vines and cobwebs. She  shuddered as she recalled the scritching sound the spiders had been  made, at least she was pretty sure it had been spiders, coming down from  the trees, grabbing toward her with their spiny pinchers.

What  she really wanted was to go to big sister and get in bed with her. At  home in the vineyard whenever Narylfiel had bad dreams, she used to go  to Thaliniel for comfort. Her older sister would cuddle her up, make her  feel safe.

Narylfiel frowned and took a few tentative  steps toward her sister's room. She stopped and sighed. Thaliniel had  only been married a few weeks now. And as much as she was sure Legolas  liked her... Well, she did not want to bother them. She had better just  return to her room. She hugged her stuffed rabbit to her chest. Maybe if  she lit the lamps and got her favorite story out, then she would feel  better.

She turned to hurry back to her room and  abruptly collided with tall figure coming around the corner. Narylfiel  stumbled and landed hard on her bottom.