Chapter Nineteen

"I guess we'll have to see about that." The kidnapper said, he was clearly angry. This wasn't going as he had planned.

He turns the light on in the basement and I look around the room in shock. It's just a torture room. There was a glass box with a restraint chair, there were feet shackles on the wall, I'm assuming to hang people upside down, and there are weapons: knives, guns, drills, bats...

I don't want to be the hero anymore.

He untied me, and carried me to the glass box. I wonder what it's for.

"What do you want with me?" I screamed. I tried to wiggle out of his grasp, but there was no way I could take him.

He ended up restraining me, but he never answered my question. Eventually, he brought the camera closer to the room I was being held in. There were two hoses that came from outside of the glass box, and I almost didn't want to know what they would do.

He closed the door and pressed a button outside of it, all of a sudden I feel the doors suck the air out of the room, and I can't breath.

I hear him through the door talking to the camera.

"Right now, your girl can't breath. It's a air and water tight room." I start to wiggle under my restraints and he laughs. I need to breath!
"I probably should give her some air." He presses a button and a hose lets in some oxygen into my room. I gasp for breath. My vision slowly comes back, and my head hurts from holding my breath to long.

"For every hour you can't find her, a half gallon of water will be poured into this cube." He illustrated by pressing another button, and water started to pour into the room.

The half gallon made a puddle in the corner of the room. I see a wooden stick in the puddle.

"Oh, not only do you have to worry about your girl drowning if you don't get here... To add, here's a little twist." He pulls a crank and I immediately know what the stick is for... There's an electric shock that runs through the water... The stick starts to smoke.

"She will be shocked for five seconds. And this shock can eventually do some serious damage."

I don't know how to keep calm anymore. The anticipation of what's to come will kill me. I can't imagine what it will do to Ty.

He chuckles one of those evil chuckles and turns to look at me.
"See you in an hour, Hun." He winks, and turns the camera off. He starts to walk away, and he turns off the lights before heading up the stairs.

After a few seconds I hear the noise of the door closing. I am now in pitch black silence once again.

I don't even know what to do! I seriously pissed this guy off, and now I might die. I don't want Ty to come because I know this guy has a plan for him.

Whatever Ty did, I'm paying the price. And so will Ty. This is where I want my brother. Non of these guys could take him. Every one is scared of him, but honestly, he's like a teddy bear.

He's so protective, and he would be able to get me out of this in a split second. I realize I've lost track of time. How long have I been kidnapped? It's been about two weeks, but how many days? Has it been a day since I've been kidnapped from Ty?

I don't even know how long the drive was to this cabin. Will Ty even be able to find me? I honestly don't know if I even want him to. It's a terrifying thought that I would rather die by the hands of this maniac than be saved by my Ty.

I remember when I thought the wolves attacking us was bad, when we were starving in the woods, when I stole from a store, when I burned it down, and when I killed a man for Ty.

It's not nearly as bad as this. I have turned into a monster since I have been kidnapped, I've become a liar, a betrayer, a runaway, a killer. And now I'm going to be a dead girl.

I don't know if I even want to go back to my regular life. The one where I am a perfect student, perfect daughter to unappreciative parents, a perfect sister.

I have a purpose now, I have a reason to do something, I am helping Ty and his little sister get back to the family they once were. But once I go back, I will lose that meaning.

I lose my train of thought as my stomach rumbles... I'm starving. I haven't eaten in... How long? It's been a while.

So, I'm either going to die from drowning, being shocked to death, or starvation. I can't help but to think about which one I would rather. It's not like it's even possible Ty could save me in time...
I feel like I wouldn't be able to take the pain of the shock for very long... And starving is a slow process. That leaves drowning. I guess it wouldn't be that bad. I love water.

It's so calm, there is no noise to distract me from my thoughts, there's no parents to fight with, no brother to disappoint, no Ty to get hurt, and no kidnapper to kill me.

But the thought that the water will be the death of me is scary... A symbol to end my short life.

Why the heck am I the one caught up in all of this! I never thought I could ever be so unlucky to be kidnapped twice, have so many near death experiences, and possibly end up losing everything I have ever loved because of a grudge.

My thought is cut off by the sound of a door opening, as light fills the basement. Has it been an hour already?

I am about to be tortured on camera, which means Ty is going to see. I can't flinch, I have to conceal my pain.

I see the silhouette of my kidnapper slowly walking toward me. He turns on the camera and places it on a table to bear witness to my torture. He makes his way to the glass box with a menacing smile.

He slowly lifts his hand to one of the buttons. I recognize that it's the one to turn on the water. As he pushes it, I see the water start pouring out of the tube. I am relieved to see the water barely reached my heal. I don't think an electric shock can hurt that much through this tiny amount of water.

I let out a breath, but out of the corner of my eye, I see the kidnapper doing something.

"Well, you have to at least feel whats in store for you. I mine as well crank the voltage up." My heart drops. He is turning a dial to the right, and I know he plans to really hurt me. How can I hold in the pain?

I brace myself by taking a deal breath and holding it as I see his hands reach for the lever he pulled last time to turn on the shock. I wish I could just lift my foot off the ground, but it's tethered to the chair.

It all happened in slow motion. I felt a horrible pain in my left foot, and it slowly traveled up my legs, reaching my thigh. My body started tensing, as the pain reached my stomach, all of my muscles clenched, and I had no control over my body. My hands made a fist and my finger nails dug into my skin as the pain traveled down both of my arms, up my neck. My mouth clamped shut and I bit my tongue. I taste the metallic flavor of blood fill my mouth, and my face distorts trying to hold on my pain.

I can no longer help it, I scream, so loud that the kidnapper starts laughing. Five seconds have to have passed! Finally he shuts off the lever and my body releases. My head drops and my chin hits my chest as I pant. The torture is finally over. I have no more energy, my body is completely limp. If it weren't for the restraints I would have fallen to the floor.
"See you in an hour, Hun!" I hear him say cheerfully as he closes the door leaving me in silence.

I won't be able to take that pain again, and there was barely any water touching my skin. How am I supposed to live through this!

I can't handle the pain, my muscles ache from being so tense, and my tongue is still bleeding from my bite. I feel tingling in the leg that the kidnapper cut, and I just can't take the headache that is splitting my head in two.

I close my eyes and go to sleep.