Chapter Twenty

Ty's POV

"Damn it!" I scream through gritted teeth as I watch Iz being shocked. That asshole cranked up the volts on her, I can literally see her body clench in agony. I am going to kill Steve.

Where the hell is he? All I can see is a basement, and it's not very pleasant looking. It has chains, and shocking devices, and a box that will eventually drown Iz, or shock her to death.

I can't let another hour go by, she looks so worn out in the video, it's not live, or I would be able to track it. It's being sent to my phone, and the number isn't showing either. He's good, but we aren't playing a game here. He's crossed the line this time. He has no right to be mad at me for what happened!

It was his own damn fault, and now, he brought my Iz into this. My fragile Iz, who is trying so hard to stay strong right now. Holding in her scream, but he didn't stop after five seconds. He wanted her to react- no he wanted me to see her react. And now, he's going to pay.

The first thing I have to do is figure out where the hell he is. The only thing I can think of is the little house we used to play in, it was his house, but it's days away, so that's obviously not it.

I take my phone and replay the video, I am completely dreading watching this, but I'm not looking at Iz right now. I'm looking at the time. In the first video, its 8:17 at night, yesterday.

Yesterday, I left the trailer at 9:30 in the morning. I ended up coming back around 10:30 because I forgot my phone, and that was a part of my plan to get some gas. So she had to have been taken between then. An hour and a half of unsure time periods. That's ok, I can figure out a radius of where she could be, and figure out traffic routes. Then I can pinpoint what directions cars are able to go from here, and where it leads in the radius I calculate.

I came up with about 11 hours on the road. He couldn't have gotten out of state, because police traffic is too heavy near state borders. So he had to have been going South/West direction.

I pull out a map, and figure out speed limits. It's about 55 on the country roads we are on, and that is all continuous in the direction he had to have been heading.

That's about a 600 mile radius. When I don't count the direction of North or East, I am only left with traveling West because he would go against the traffic heading South. Not to mention that is way to lose to the border where cops will be loaded. That means if I travel about 600 miles West, I will be around the area Steve and Iz are.
It's 9:00 at night right now, and Iz will have to be shocked 11 times before I can get to her. Unless he pulled a fast one, and he is closer, but waited to send the video. I have to think harder!

Were we ever in Arizona? I can only remember one time his mom took us to a farm for the first time. The place was run down, and it was the first time he and I had a falling out.

Nothing like the recent falling out, but I had gotten him in trouble for something he didn't do. It was childish, but it was the only place that would make sense for him to go. That place is only about four hours from here. In the same direction I had calculated...

It's worth a shot. Being shocked four times is a lot better than eleven.

I know he has to have a trap set up for me, there would be no point to this, he knows I would beat his ass if he laid a hand on someone I cared about.

I grab the keys, and head out the door. I don't have time to walk the mile to my car, so I decide to full out run.

I can't help but to see Iz's face all contorted, in pain, holding in the scream for me. She's trying to be so strong, but she can't hold out much longer. She's so tiny, her body can't take the pain. On top of that, she's been through so much these past few weeks, and I know she has read the paper her dead beat parents were in.

She's gone through so much, yet she still sticks by my side, and I don't know why she cares so much. She is the most important person in my life besides my sister, and I'm so pissed at myself for telling Steve my plan. The thought makes me want to punch something.

I get to my car and speed out onto the road, pushing 70 in a 55. As much as I want to get to her as soon as possible, I can't risk getting pulled over, to many encounters have happened. So I make sure I see no other cars in this deserted road, and I keep going, the memory clouding my thoughts.

"She's my only option at this point." I say to Steve as I try to explain my plan to kidnap Iz, and get enough money to adopt my sister.
"Your nuts. You can never pull something like this off. Why don't you at least go for someone who doesn't know you, I mean, the plan is hard enough as it is." As much as I hate to think of it, he's right, but there is no one else that I know better than this family. I know their schedule, where they live, everything's already planned out. Nothing's changed since we last saw each other.

Plus they owe us. They are the reason my parents died.
"Come on, are you in? I know you can use the money too." I plead, it would be much easier if it were a two man operation.

"I can't risk it, sorry dude." Damn, I get so frustrated that my best friend doesn't want to do this with me.
All of a sudden, we hear sirens, we are both having a smoke and drinking. We are both underage, but only one of us has a sister to get back to. I run.

I leave him there as I run through the woods, and I know, no matter how pissed he is, he wouldn't rat me out.

I feel bad, but I can't let my plan fall through. Iz's parents are going out for a business trip next week and it will be the perfect opportunity to follow through with my plan.

Even though he won't rat me out, he will hold this grudge for a long time, and eventually it will come back to haunt me, but that's besides the point I have something to take care of. He already told me he wasn't interested in helping.

For now, he will have to wait, and when I have the money, I will bail him out. Easy enough.

But that's not exactly how things are working out for me right now. He got out, he obviously planned revenge, and he obviously has been watching us every step of the way through. He is more upset than I thought he would be, but if he had any brains at all, he would have run too. We could have both made it out of that situation.

But no, he stayed behind, he got out of prison, some how, and now he's pissed at me for leaving him out to dry.

I have been driving for about two hours, and already, things are starting to look familiar. There are a lot of huge farm lands, and it's a nice. But if I'm heading the right direction, soon things will start to get messier, and I will be at the old farm.

I wonder if I will recognize it, has it changed? I don't know the exact address, and I'm going off of a memory which took place almost nine years ago.

But this is my only lead, this is the only way I will get back to Iz. I don't even want to think of the shocks that took place within the last two hours, he will pay for every time he hurt her. And I won't hold back.

How scared is she? Does she think I will leave her? Surly she knows me enough by now to understand that I am coming for her. She is too precious for me to lose.

I slow down to 55 when I see a car coming up behind me. Luckily he is only a guy in a pick up, so I speed up more and slowly lose sight of him.

Just two more hours Iz. I'm coming for you...
I love you.