Chapter 11 - The Search for the real Cinderella

~He turned his horse around and took the false bride home again, saying that she was not the right one~

Two months after the dance, Cindy still hadn't told Peyton the truth.

She knew that she probably should have told him by now, but who was he to believe her? It wasn't like she could convince the lovesick puppy that his girlfriend was a life-sucking monster with no soul.

And, yes, they were also still dating.

Cindy wondered how on earth he hadn't gotten suspicious. Evelyn Queen wasn't exactly a sweetheart.

Tracy still had Cindy's freedom locked down. Even though nothing real had happened between Cindy and Peyton, Tracy was convinced that she was out to ruin Evelyn's relationship with him.

Which, in all retrospect, Cindy should've tried.

But, even as their lovey dovey stares cut her to the bone, she did nothing. She was convinced that he would eventually see through the fog.

"Here's your black coffee." She placed a bleak mug in front of her last customer for the night.

If no more people walked through the door, she would be free early. Maybe she could have some time to study for the end of year finals. Good grades could help give her the scholarships that she desperately needed.

"Oh, you are just too funny, Peyton!"

Oh god.

Evelyn walked in the coffee shop, practically hanging on Peyton Charming. They took a corner booth without waiting for someone to seat them. Which wasn't so bad because they were the only other people in the place.

Why people liked to go to coffee shops in the dead of night? Cindy would never know.

Since she was the only waitress left in the place, she'd have to unwillingly wait on them. All the other waitresses and waiters were let off before the night shift. Cindy thought that was some sort of punishment from Tracy for almost endangering her daughter's futures with Evelyn's parent's record company.

"Umm . . . waiter!"

Cindy walked over, her notepad handy. "You two ready to order?"

Peyton looked up and smiled. "Hey, Cindy."

"Yes, 'hey'" Evelyn said with obvious distaste. Peyton was oblivious.

Peyton ordered one of their specialty coffees and a triple chocolate chip muffin while Evelyn ordered their gluten free wheat muffin.

Cindy gave the orders to Mandy, the woman in charge of all the pastries. Mandy was a little on the large size with a heart the size of the sun and graying hair that was always in a bun. She was one of the only employees that Tracy kept after Cindy's dad died.

"So, the 'Evil Queen' and 'Mr. Prince Charming' are at it again?" Mandy asked under her breath.

Mandy had seen all of Evelyn's antics throughout the years and dubbed her The Evil Queen. And she knew that Peyton was a pop star, so it was like he was a prince. It helped that their last names matched their alter ego's perfectly.

"You wouldn't believe it."

She chuckled. "Try me, Cinderella."

"What?"

Mandy sighed. "Never mind."

While Cindy waited for the coffee to be made, she listened in on Peyton and Evelyn's conversation. It wasn't hard because there were only three customers in the place.