Perfect

We were in the middle of the park sitting on the green grass watching the sun set. I was nervous. We've never really been alone together before. He sat close to me and he was talking and I was plucking pieces of grass because I couldn't meet his eyes. It was summer and the air was warm but not warm enought to keep me from shivering when the breeze met my bare arms. He kept scooting closer to me and my heart kept beating faster and the butterflies in my stomach never seemed to calm down. I could feel him staring at me but I knew if I looked into those electric blue eyes I wouldn't be able to focus back on the grass and the grass was the only thing that kept me from freaking out.

"Autumn" I looked up at my name and instantly regretted it. How could a boy be so perfect? 

"Autumn, would you kiss me?" Would I kiss him? I've liked this boy since the beginning of the school year. I liked how his dark hair fell just above his eyes. I liked the freckles that lined the ridge of his nose. I liked that smile he had when he was telling his stories. 

"Yeah." I whispered. Yeah, I would kiss him.

"Would you kiss me?" I dared myself to look at his face and he didn't even have to answer because his eyes clearly said it, but he shook his head up and down anyways. I could feel my heart rate pick up and I swore the butterflies were about to hop out of my stomach.

"Can I kiss you, Autumn?" My mind went crazy. I've never kissed anyone. My hands instantly flew to a strand of my hair. Something I did when I didn't know what to do. He seemed to notice my panic attack because he took the strand of hair from my hands and put it behind my ear. I felt how cold they were as they brushed my ear and then slid down to the tip of my chin as he lifted it up so I was completely facing him. I was stuck in his gaze not able to move. I noticed his eyes flickering towards my lips then back into my eyes and then back at my lips as if he was asking for permission and he inched foward and I found myself doing the same and then his lips touched mine. The kiss lasted no longer than 4 seconds.

We heard our friends in the background yelling for us to hurry up but I didn't want to hurry. I wanted to stay in the spot looking at how beautiful the sunrise was with this amazing boy next to me, but he got up and held his hand out for me. This is it. That's all we'll ever have is a kiss. We'll go to school and pretend like it never happened and like he doesn't even know my name but when we started walking I felt his arm snake around my waist and I knew I should have never thought he was that kind of person. He was anything but that.

Before I left he pulled me in a hug and whispered in my ear, "Autumn, will you be my girlfriend?" and I felt those butterflies fluttering and I whispered back "Of course." and then I was gone and my friends were jumping as I told them about my first kiss with this amazing guy who I could now call my boyfriend and everything was great. Everything was perfect.