The Truth

Life is not at all what it's made out to be. We all want everlasting love and happiness but how do we get it? By living life to the fullest? What if living life to the fullest consisted of staying up late hating yourself or doubting and judging every movement you make? Would this messed up routine bring me everlasting love and happiness? Probably not.

        I do not want someone to be my happiness. I do not want someone else to bring me happiness and I do not want someone to define what happiness is in my life. I want to look in the mirror and think 

"Well shit. I'm happy."

        I want someone to be able to share the happiness I've brought into my life and maybe make it a little bit better. I do not want them to BE my happiness because what happens when they leave? What happens when I'm left with only myself and those late nights and they were the one that made me happy? I resort to whispering my thoughts into thin air and hating the fact that I can't tell a single being how I actually feel. But if I made myself happy, I could find a way to still be happy with out that person in my life and maybe I'd find the person that shows me how to love and we'd perfect love together and we'd have what everyone wants in life.

        Right now, I'm a 16 year old nobody. I'm just here. I stopped dreaming. I stopped living and now I'm just here. Breathing. I am 16 and I have years to live and yet I don't want to live them. I do not care if I end up happy and in love. I do not care if I end up dead and alone. I care about the empty pit in my stomach and my aching heart.

        Life is not a romance novel, your favorite movie, a quote you found on tumblr, or the boy you met in the coffee shop. Life is not at all what it's made out to be and to tell you the truth, life is shit and it always will be and if you're lucky you'll find people who will help make life seem like less of a shit hole.