Chapter Four

---------Quinn

It felt like I was falling, falling down a dark hole like in Alice and Wonderland. Until I suddenly stopped, hitting grass that was wet with dew. A dark lake was to my left and fire was to my right. I sucked in a lungful of smoke as people screamed. Houses burned, people lay dead, and all were running from a specific point. It was weird, they were wearing clothes that looked old. A man rose from the the fire, he had broad shoulders and a large scar across his chest. His hair was black, dusted with ash and he resembled Lucas, Mo, and Lucian. "Titus!" I could hear his voice, Lucian's voice sounded angry but tired. "Put Morgana down!" It was then that I noticed the small figure in his clutches.

"Why don't you make me, Lucius?" The man chuckled before black smoke came from his hands, wrapping around Lucian and choking him.

"Lucian!" A scream ripped out of me as I felt someone, something pulling at me.

"Quinn!" I woke with a jolt, sweat dripping down my back. Mo watched me intently and I couldn't stop myself from wrapping her in a hug. "It was just a bad dream."

"No, it wasn't." I choked before pulling away and looking at her neck.

"Quinn, what are you doing?" Mo asked but I ignored her as I stood and ran into Lucian's office. The doors slammed against the walls and Lucian looked up at me, surprise mixed in his eyes. "Quinn?"

"You're okay," I whispered walking over to him and held his face in my hands. His eyes softened, "You're not dead but I saw..." Why did it hurt so much? "I saw him hurt you." I choked as he stood and wiped away the tears.

"Who did you see, love?" Lucian whispered as I sucked in a breath.

"Titus," I whispered.

"You saw Titus kill me?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I saw him choke Mo, and black smoke came out of his hands... It was suffocating you." I whispered looking at the floor.

"She was screaming your name in her sleep, Lucian." Mo interjected, Lucian never took his eyes off of me.

"She went into the past," Opal appeared making Lucian drop his hands. "I felt her energy in my sleep." She walked closer and I flinched away from her hand, stepping closer to Lucian. She sighed as Lucian stepped in front of me. "I'm not going to hurt her, Lucius."

"She doesn't want you near her, it's good enough for me tonight. If she had a dream of our past, she is afraid." Lucian replied a warning in his voice.

"I'll take Quinn back to her room," Mo reassured her brother but I began to shake violently. Mo gripped my arm but it wouldn't stop.

"Please don't take me back there," I pleaded. "He'll be there. He's waiting, I can feel him."

"Feel who, Quinn?" Mo asked as Lucas walked in.

"Titus, he's there, he gave me the dream." I whispered as Mo gripped me tighter, holding me up.

"No one's in your room, Quinn." Mo sat me down. Opal groaned, rubbing her forehead.

"There's an energy upstairs, almost like a spirit but it's still connected to a living being." Opal froze, "He's attacking her through her dreams because he knows you can't touch him. Titus is in this house, but as a spirit."

"Why would Titus attack Quinn? He doesn't know her." Lucas asked as he walked over to me, rubbing my back for comfort. Mo shook her head at her brother who looked confused.

"If you desire to keep your hand, brother, I suggest you take it off of her." Lucian growled anger rolling off of him in waves. Lucas removed his hand as Opal chuckled.