*CHAPTER THREE*

I plugged in my ear buds as I climbed out of my car and I mentally prepared myself for the day I was about to walk into.

"She wants to dance like Uma Thurman, bury me until I confess..." Fall Out Boy began to sing in my ear. I smiled and breathed deeply as I walked into the school building remembering what happened after school yesterday.

The rest of last night was... perfect.

After Andrew and I finally decide to suck up the rest of our tears and leave the empty parking lot, we went back to his house and played video games until his mother had finished making us homemade ice cream. We sat on the porch while we ate it and as we sat there I realized that day had been the best moment of my life. It was the first time I've ever been that happy since my parents died.

Ever.

Andrew and I sat there. "How do you think the ice cream feels?" he looked at me as his eyebrows were furrowed and he slowly licked his creamy, strawberry soft serve.

"Well," I stared at my cone and acted like it was talking to me, "he said he's cold." I smiled sheepishly as I continued to eat it. "And that he wishes he could have some rainbow sprinkles to party with." I mumbled and watched Andrew gawk at me from the corner of my eyes.

He smiled and nodded, "I'm pretty sure that's your stomach talking." he mumbled as he purposely rubbed the pink mixture over his lips and did "duck face." I laughed as he shivered and flung his arms causing his ice cream to drip down his hand. He quickly scurried to rescue it and slurp it up. I rubbed my ice cream on my lips and scooted closer to him as I pecked his cheek with my strawberry lips. He grimaced and hastily wiped it away. "Gross," he murmured, "girl cooties..." he snorted and licked his ice cream.

I smirked, "But, you love me." I paused and took a bite of my cone, "So am I getting my sprinkles or not?" I questioned him.

He turned to me and smiled, but he didn't say a word. He just watched my eyes and I could feel my ice cream dripping down my wrist. "Yes." he mumbled and draped his arm around my shoulders, "and no. You will not get sprinkles because each little speck is a spawn of Satan, I will not allow Ms. Perfect to eat any amount of baby Satan." he casually licked his ice cream without any hint of a smile like everything he was saying was something normal.

"'Baby Satan?' How? They're colorful and tasty." I questioned as I chuckled

Ms. Perfect sounded wonderful coming from his mouth. That British accent.

"Because everything that seems innocent is truly evil. That's why I have my suspicions about you." he poked my nose with his ice cream. "Oh," he mumbled with a charming smile, "you got a little something on your face." he laughed.

I nodded and wiped it away with pursed lips and it was quiet for a while. After I finished my ice cream cone, I was getting agitated with the silence, "You know what we need?" I mumbled as I stared into the woods he had in his backyard. He turned to me and gave me a questioning look, "Music." I stood up and went inside.

I curved around corners and dodged the chairs Andrew had moved to the middle of the floor. I finally reached his bedroom and grabbed my Bluetooth speaker out of my book bag; then, I started back outside where I grabbed my phone off of the table, where I left it last. I headed back outside to see Andrew by the tree line gawking into the approaching darkness.

I slowly crept off the porch to the middle of the yard, "What are you doing?" I called to him.

He jolted to me as if I scared him; when he realized it was me, he shrugged. "Erm..." he furrowed his eyebrows, "I-I thought I saw something." he glanced over his shoulder before walking to me. "So what exactly are we doing?" he wrapped his arm around my waist causing me to blush.