*CHAPTER SIX*

I woke up in a different bed. I glanced around and rubbed my eyes as the sleepy gunk still bothered me. No one else was with me, but when I looked down at my body, I was in a hospital gown and IV's poked into my arm.

          The door creaked open and Matt poked his head in the small room. "Are you okay?" he asked as he sat down in the small plush chair.

          I turned to the window and looked outside of the room, out beyond the parking lot. It was around nine o'clock. "What happened?"

          He sighed, "On the way home from the doughnut shop, we saw Andrew and his friends. You stopped and I guess you saw something I didn't because you fainted and hit your head on the sidewalk. You were bleeding, but they fixed it." he scooted the chair closer.

          I continued to stare out of the window in complete silence.

          "Are you okay, though?"

          I nodded.

          And I continued to stare out the window as the whole scene on the sidewalk played in the hospital parking lot like a movie projection.

         "Mickey Mouse?" Matt murmured.

         When I looked at him, he seemed sad, worried, disappointed. His eyes watered with concern. It's like he was searching for an answer. Searching, to see if I was still there.

          "There was a guy..." I whispered in a voice that was below the average person's hearing. One that was decimals underneath a murmur.

          But Matt heard, he leaned back, relaxing in the chair, now that he knew I was still inside.

          "I don't know," I paused with watery eyes. I wasn't on the verge of tears, I was perfectly fine. "He just seemed familiar."

          He smiled, "That doesn't explain why you passed out, Mik."

          "But it wouldn't be realistic if I told you the truth." I mumbled, turning back to the window and the dimming sky.

          "I'll believe you."

          "No. I don't think you will."

          The room was silent for a few minutes. Then, a gunshot cleared my brain and I jolted. My head snapped to Matt, but he didn't seem phased, he only studied me harder. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing would come out. It's like my mouth was dry and my brain had stopped. I looked around the room once more, everything seemed out of place and I felt a sudden heat wave. My breathing began to accelerate and I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest.

           "Mickey?" Matt asked as he stood and approached my side. My vision became blurring and I began to start seeing double. Matt's eyes grew wide as he grabbed my hand and tried to help me with whatever he thought to do. "Breathe, Mikayla." 

           But nothing was working. I was having another panic attack.

~^*^~!~^*^~

           After a few hours of laying in a sticky, sweaty, hospital bed with nurses poking and proding me with every sharp object they can find, Andrew and my grandparents arrived. Matt stayed with me the whole entire time.

          I truly appreciated what he was doing.

          "Oh, my goodness," my grandmother met my sleepy eyes and her face softened, "my poor baby." She rushed over and held my face in her hands, kissing my forehead. "Are you okay? What happened?" she questioned frantically.