Chapter 4.

Monday finally came around, and I was glad that I could get away from Jason to hang with the girls. I quickly got out of bed and went to take a shower, though my eyes never once drifted towards the mirror. I was scared, I knew what I would see. Hand prints and finger shaped bruises, all over. I didn't even want to look at my face, but once I had on my clothes I knew I would have to.

The hand print would have to be covered up so no one would know what happened. No on could know that Jason almost lost his Kick-boxing match, and tried to blame me so he wouldn't feel guilt when he took his anger out on me. They couldn't know that I had gotten yet another letter from Tyler... Though Jason had ripped it up and burned it before I got the chance to read it, then taught me another lesson for it. He wasn't mad because I was still getting letters, but because to him it means that I was still sending them out. I couldn't let anyone know this, especially the twins.

They couldn't know one single little detail of it.

My eyes met my reflection, and I tried not to flinch. It was not as bad as I thought, but it was still bad enough. The right side of my face was red with a slight purple tint to it, with finger print bruises along my jawline and trailing down my throat. I was thankful Jason didn't break anything last night, it's nearly impossible to cover up bruises and swelling from a broken nose or black eye. Last time that happened I had to cancel any plans I had till it healed. I even missed my college classes, I told them I was sick and they let me work from home.

I looked at the rest of my exposed skin, not covered by the flimsy white tank top I was wearing, and saw bruises in the shape of finger prints along my biceps and wrists. It seemed like hours had gone by from me examining the art Jason painted on me last night, but it had merely been a minute.

I sighed and reached for my heavy concealer, it was the brand movie actresses used to cover up tattoos while filming, knowing it would be that kind of day. I carefully applied a foundation, making sure to even cover the ones on my arms just in case, as well as the bruise on my stomach. Then finished off my makeup to make it look more natural. My eyes glanced over my work to make sure I didn't miss anything, then I threw on my flannel and let my hair down.

I didn't glance back again even though I knew nothing would be visible, then grabbed my bag and purse and left the house, glad to have time away from Jason finally.

On my way! See you there :) Xoxo -D

I quickly sent a text to the twins, then hopped in my car. When I was about halfway there I hit a stop light and pulled my phone out check since I was stopped.

All right girl!! see you shortly! P.s don't forget shopping shoes!!;) -C

Yay! see ya here soon! Can't wait to see the new T.C movie. *squeal* lol -J

I shook my head at their text and quickly put my phone away, seeing their texts had finally put a smile on my face for the day.

When I finally made it to their house, I could barely get out of the car before they came running out of the house, screaming and squealing. I quickly threw my purse in the seat before they could tackle me to the ground. And sure enough, as soon as it hit the seat I was attacked by the both of them into a hug, both of them jumping up and down with giddiness. Though the pressure on my bruises hurt, their enthusiasm brought a smile to my face.

"Girls night!!"

"This is going to be so much fun!!"

"Shopping!"

"And Tom Cruise!" Both the twins started to squeal by my ears as they were jumping and hugging me.

"Can't. Breath. Guy's," I choked out dramatically. They let go of me at the same time and gave me the same sheepish smile.