Mate of the Werewolf: The Scent of the Night Wolf

Chapter 3: The Scent of the Night Wolf

There, standing inside his home, was a black wolf, and he was looking at him with the bluest eyes Ethan had ever seen. The wolf was large in stature, board and strong, his legs thick and powerful. And his fur, it was a velvet black and looked just as soft. He certainly looked impressive.

However, it was the way he was staring at him with those large, deep eyes, ones that didn’t hold malice, instead seemed to looked at him searchingly that caused him take a step back and submissively duck his head to look away. He had no idea why he was acting like this, but this new scent was making him feel lightheaded and dizzy, which in itself was alarming.

There was a sound, that familiar sound of when a werewolf transforms back into his human form and it effortlessly echoed around the room.

Ethan turned his eyes back to the unexpected intruder, and a human now stood before him...and he was completely naked. But what a body! He was muscular, yet not overly so, his muscles appearing natural, especially by the way they seem to glide under his skin when he stretched his body erotically. His hair was a thick black, messy and untamed, falling around his shoulders and down his back. His arms and legs appeared strong and agile, powerful and unblemished.

And his eyes, now that he was a human, were still as haunting and spine tingling as they were in his wolf form.

And he was now moving toward him with a powerful sense of purpose.

Ethan tried to growl at him, but it came out more of a whimper and he soon found himself pressed up against the wall, his escape route blocked by the handsome and naked male before him. Then, two arms rose up, slamming his palms against the wall on either side of his head.

Ethan was well and truly trapped now.

Surprisingly, though, he didn’t feel threatened. Only the fact that his body felt as though it was on fire and he had to fight the urge to nuzzle his head under the stranger’s chin in a show of submission.

What the hell was going on?

“Are you-” the mysterious man began to ask. “The White Wolf I’ve heard about?”

Ethan swallowed thickly at his words, his voice unwillingly sending a shiver to race down his spine once again. The name White Wolf was something the other wolves he had encountered christened him with. The most obvious reason was because his fur was white; surprising considering the fact that his hair was a sandy blond. His sister would turn into a muddy reddish brown wolf, the same colour as her hair.

Had this new wolf encountered the other wolves he had helped in the past?

“I am,” he replied in regard to his question, his eyes staring into his. “Who are you?”

“My name is Chance, the Night Wolf,” the mysterious man now known as Chance said.

“Why are you here?”

“I am merely searching for my Mate,” Chance told him simply, his eyes only once leaving his to search his face slowly.

Ethan tilted his head to the side to allow Chance the opportunity to smell his scent, sniffing him quite seductively along his neck, Ethan feeling his heated breath dance across the skin. And his body trembled against his will.

This must have been the new wolf his sister so briefly spoke about. The one who she thought was after her and was utterly hilarious that he might be after him.

However, this new wolf, this Night Wolf was different to any wolf he had encountered before. His scent was so strong, heady, earthy, musky that it was like he couldn’t get enough of it. It was well and truly overriding any of his other senses.

So he could nothing but whimper when Chance leaned forward and licked his cheek, the rough texture of his tongue feeling oddly comforting against his skin and he let out a sigh. He then realized that he was bleeding from when Camellia struck out at him earlier and Chance was cleaning it away, cleaning his wound.

And he was actually letting him.

Leaning heavily against the wall when his legs suddenly felt weak, Ethan felt oddly submissive and willing when Chance moved closer to him, his naked body now touching his clothed person. “What do you want?”

“You can feel it, can’t you?” Chance asked him as he continued to clean his wound. “You can sense it.”

“I...” Ethan suddenly breathed deeply, realization coursing though his body when Chance nuzzled his cheek against his before pressing their foreheads together. Then, his self-will kicked in and he placed his hands on Chance’s chest and pushed him away, refusing to look into his eyes. “I don’t know what I’m feeling. I’ve only been a werewolf for three years now.”

Silence reigned over them, Ethan still pressing his hands against the bare chest of this mysterious werewolf, while Chance still had him corner, up against the wall.

Chance than sniffed at him one last time before pulling away, and yet, despite his nakedness, he still look and felt domineering, as if he was completely in charge of the situation. “I see,” he murmured as he continued to look at him. “You’re still young, then.”

Taking a deep breath to ease his racing heart, Ethan pushed away from the wall and shook his head to clear it. “Let me get you some clothes,” he said, immediately reverting back into his passive, hospitable self.

Chance, however, looked at ease standing completely naked in his living room, so the clothes were more for Ethan’s benefit. It was hard to try to hold a conversation with someone when they were completely oblivious to one’s own nakedness.

And he needed to concentrate when he spoke with him.