Mate of the Werewolf - Clash of the Alpha Wolves

AN: Hello again. Um, yeah, health is still rather dodgy at the moment.

Anyway, thank you so very much to everyone who has reviewed this story so far. Only two more chapters left to go and then I can concentrate on the three I’ve yet to finish. I’m going to be concentrating more on “Guardian of Fire Island” as that one will be rather long. I have it mostly worked out, though.

I also have another story that I’ve been working on in bits and pieces. It won’t be uploaded until I get the majority of it done, though. So you probably won’t see it for a while.

Well, I hope you enjoy this chapter and the mean little cliff-hanger at the end.

-----------

Chapter 11: Clash of the Alpha Wolves

The scent of blood drifting upon the air was the first thing Ethan could sense as he and Chance ran through the thick darkness of the night. And then with that blood came the familiarity of his sister’s scent.

Did she attack another rouge wolf or...was she the one being attacked?

With a sense of dread forming a lump in his throat, Ethan soon gained the answer to his questions...and it almost made his heart stop beating.

His sister was lying on her back on the hard dirt, her muddy coloured fur stained with sticky blood that was beginning to pool around her prone form. Her reddish-brown eyes where wide open and glazed over, appearing to be in the later stages of shock.

And the one doing all of this was a large wolf, almost as broad as Chance himself, his fur a bleak black with sploshes of red on his chest and feet. He had Camellia by the throat, his large white canines savagely tearing at the flesh; so deep the punctures were she was making sickly gurgling noises as her oesophagus was ripped open and exposed, blood seeping into her lungs.

Camellia was no match for the much larger wolf, his hulking frame easily standing over her, his large jaws effortlessly biting into her neck.

“Stop!” Ethan cried as he and Chance skidded into the clearing. “Don’t kill her!”

However, the dark wolf simply tightened his jaw further to make a gut-wrenching crack before flinging Camellia’s lifeless body at him with a shake of his head, blood dripping from his parted jaws.

“Camellia!” Ethan cried as he ran over to his sister’s body.

“Ethan, get back!” Chance said in warning, but Ethan paid no heed. He scrambled over to his sister’s body, panic and fear abundantly seen in his form.

“Camellia!” he called out again, nudging her a little with his nose. “Can you hear me? Camellia?”

“Her throat has been severed,” Chance said as he cast his blue eyes over her with expert attention. He then gently nudged at Ethan’s side in an attempt to make him step away. “I’m sorry.”

“She’ll be ok,” Ethan said, clearly in denial at how bad a state Camellia was in. “I just need my tools. I can help her.”

Another nudge from Chance. “Ethan...”

“I know! I know...” Ethan said softly, his head dropping to give his sister one last nuzzle. “Camellia, I...”

Suddenly, Camellia seemed to twitch, her breathing becoming more and more ragged, more difficult. And then, on one last shuddering breath, she managed to murmur; “Run, you fool.”

“Camellia, I’m so sorry.”

“Well, isn’t this touching?” Came a mocking coo from the red and black wolf, his tongue running along his teeth and lips to lick up the blood.