Mate of the Werewolf - In Search of the White Wolf

AN: My other story, “Guardian of Fire Island” is being posted here as well, so please take a look if you’re interested.

---------------------

Chapter 5: In Search of the White Wolf

How utterly typical, the wolf she had been chasing, distinctively male, had decided to take the cowardly route and hide from her, Camellia, the Crimson Wolf. It was a rather typical response that most wandering wolves had when they caught her scent, like an intoxicating perfume on the wind, and immediately knew not the mess with her.

Hence the reason she was playing hide and seek with that arrogant wolf she had previously encountered. Oh, she just knows it was him she was following through the darkened streets of her home town, she could just smell his fear hidden behind his cockiness.

He was seriously starting to get on her nerves. Like, how utterly ignorant could someone possible be to enter her turf without invitation, insult her and then wander off as if he could do whatever the hell he wanted? She was the only one who had the power, the authority to do that.

And Camellia couldn’t wait to remind him of that fact when she got her hands around his stupid throat!

Suddenly, the soft breeze brought the unfamiliar scent of more wolves invading her property and her hackles rose up defensively. Not only that, but from annoyance as well. These two scents, again both of the arrogant male variety, were probably friends of that previous black wolf.

Either that or they were here in hope of trying to get her to be their mate as well. The most logical explanation would be that black wolf had bragged about her insatiable beautiful to his friends and how she was just begging to be controlled or some absolute shit like that.

Being so utterly powerful and mesmerizingly beautiful was so much trouble!

Sure enough, a few moments later two new wolves trotted into sight and from first glance Camellia knew that they were seriously not worth her time. Honestly, they looked so ordinary and plain. One was a heavy-set wolf, tall and strong with thick legs and the colour of ash and his eyes a dull, boring brown. The other was slightly smaller with green eyes, which totally didn’t match his fur that was the colour of light brown, his fur quite thick and fluffy.

Great, Fluffy and Ashy, how utterly terrifying for her.

That was sarcasm by the way.

“Hey you,” the Ash wolf said arrogantly as the pair stopped a few feet in front of her. “We’re looking for someone.”

Camellia rolled her eyes dramatically as she flicked a strand of her luscious red head over her shoulder with expert ease. “Pft, yet another predatory wolf who wants me to be their mate. This is getting so annoying.”

The two wolves before her looked mildly surprised before turning to share a somewhat questioning look, Ashy tilting his head to the side while the fluffy one merely flicked his ears back.

And then they did something so utterly surprising that Camellia took a step backwards. They barked out a laugh that was filled to the brim with amusement. And they laughed for a good 30 seconds, acting as if they just heard the most humorous thing ever.

When the mocking laughter finally died down, the ash coloured wolf lifted his head in an authority like manner.

“We’re not here for you,” the ash coloured wolf said around a genuine laugh, still looking utterly amused by the whole thing.

“You have a lot of fire for someone who has only been a werewolf for a few years,” the light-brown coloured wolf stated after he stopped laughing, his posture becoming more serious with his head down, his ears back and his teeth bared in a threatening manner. “You’ve still got a lot to learn, girly.”

Next to him, his companion took the same stance; forcing Camellia to take let another step back, her teeth bared as well. If they want a fight, she’ll give them one! And when she kicked both their asses with absolute ease, she’ll force them off her territory and then beat them up again for ever thinking they could take her on as their mate!

“Shall we teach her a lesson, Myles?” the ash coloured wolf asked the wolf next to him, now known as Myles.

He remained silent for a moment, searching her sexy form with his green eyes and then, not surprisingly, shook his head no. “...No, she’s not the one we’re after,” he said as he lifted his head and moved to turn away, nudging at his companions neck to follow suit. “She’s not worth wasting any more time over. Let’s go, Ross.”

Not worth...not worth it?! How dare they?!

“You’re not going anywhere!” Camellia snarled as she prepared to transform into her even more powerful werewolf form. “This is my territory, so you need to respect me, don’t you know who I am? I am the great Crimson Wolf, you don’t mess with me!”

A stony cold silence fell over the two wolves before her, both blatantly staring at her with stunned expressions on their canine features. They then turned to each other to share a look, a look she couldn’t quite recognize, but was certain had something to do with shock and admiration. And why wouldn’t they? That oughta teach them a lesson!

Suddenly, the two of them let out another barking and mocking laugh, sounding as if they had just heard another most humorous thing ever.

“You’re not the Crimson Wolf,” the fluffy wolf known as Myles said, shaking his head in disbelief.

The one known as Ross snorted gruffly. “Pft, you’re hardly someone worth respecting,” he leered insultingly, turning around in a threatening stance once again. He looked ready and more than willing to attack her.

Of course, not that he would even get close to her. But he could try all he wanted; Camellia was beyond pissed off now!

However, Myles, the ash-coloured wolf intervened, moving to stand in front of Ross, his head brushing against his to make Ross lift his head up with a growl that was surprisingly directed at her and not his male companion.

“Let’s go,” Myles nudged his partner again, a little harder this time, making him turn away gently. “It’s the legendary White Wolf we want.”

White wolf? What legendary White Wolf? She was the only wolf famous enough to earn the title legendary! She was the legendary Crimson Wolf! There was no other wolf as strong as she was in these parts! Unless...

Ethan? Could they have actually been talking about that useless, scrawny, absolutely pathetic idiot? There was no way he, of all things in this world, could warrant rogue wolves to come in search for him!

That bastard! Who did he think he was?! He was obviously trying to get rid of her by using other males to do the dirty work of controlling and dominating her. He wanted this territory for himself but was so stupid, weak and gutless that he had to tell lies about being utterly powerful or some shit like that!

No, wait, he wouldn’t be that intelligent. He couldn’t be, these male wolves must be here because they think he’s the one in charge here, since he is male. Like, no way could a woman be strong enough to control the entire town on her own. What sexist dicks, honestly.

She’ll show and teach them all how powerful a woman could be!

And her first student was going to be Ethan himself!