Mate of the Werewolf - Wolf In Shining Armour

Thank you so very much once again for all the reviews and kind words. It’s very encouraging, especially since this was my first Original Story. I hope you’ll enjoy this chapter as well.

-

Chapter 8: Wolf In Shining Armour

Ethan knew he was trapped, with both wolves on either side of him; he would be able to dodge one, but not the other. What they really wanted from him and why they were so desperately for him to enter their pack that they were willing to drag him back was beyond him.

He had only been a werewolf for three years for Heaven’s sake! He wasn’t special or unique in anyway, he just wanted to help his fellow werewolves. How did things turn on him so quickly?

“Sorry kid,” the ash coloured wolf known as Ross said as he lowered himself upon his hunches, ready to pounce. “Nothing personal, just following orders.”

Ethan ducked his head and squeezed his eyes shut upon reflex when he realized Ross was going to strike down upon him. However, instead of feeling that familiar sensation of pain and shock he had grown used to in his sister’s presence, he felt a sharp breeze ruffle his fur and a high-pitch yelp caused him to open his eyes as that sound of surprise most certainly did not come from him.

And then that overwhelmingly familiar scent touched his senses and a great feeling of relief washed over him. That scent was that of his mate.

“Chance,” Ethan whispered as Chance stood before him as the Night Wolf, his form tall and powerful as he had first seen him, maybe even more so. His teeth were bared and the hackles on the back of his neck were raised in a threatening manner. He did not at all look happy.

A deeply animalistic growl radiated from Chance’s throat as he moved quickly backwards, positioning himself so he was standing protectively over Ethan’s smaller wolf form, forcing him to lay down on the ground in a submissive manner. And for his part Ethan welcomed Chance’s hulking frame above him, no longer feeling as fearful as he was moments before.

“I highly recommend that you stay away from my mate,” Chance snarled dangerously that caused those around him, even Ethan, to shiver at the velocity of those words.

“Holy shit, it’s the Night Wolf!” Ross swore as he scrambled to his feet, Myles standing next to him with his ears back, head down and tail between his legs in a frightened manner.

“H-he’s your mate, you say?” Myles stammered as the two of them backed away slowly.

Surprise swept through Ethan’s frame when these two wolves seem to recognize Chance, even revere him in some form or another.

“That is correct,” Chance replied as he refused to move away from Ethan. “You have a problem with that?”

A small whine was heard from Myles and he shook his canine head swiftly. “N-no.”

“Of course not,” Ross immediately reassured, his posture similar to that of his companions, although it did appear as though he was positioning himself in front of Myles, almost as if shielding him in some way.

“W-we were just following orders!” he suddenly stated.

A fraction of Chance’s anger dissipated from those words, but he still kept his guarding stance, still very cautious and wary. “Who’s orders?” he asked, tilting his head ever so slightly.

“R-Raven’s,” Myles replied as he hid behind Ross, peering out from under Ross’s head. “He has heard about the White Wolf apparently healing rouge wolves and thought it would help the pack if he was one of us.”