Being alone:Chapter 2

I was freezing in this Autumn weather. The moon was shining as bright as ever, I snickered there’s nothing to shine about. I look around trying to find a damn taxi in this god damn place, but what can I expect, taxis in New York are never around when you need them. I'm so impatient, right now, I just can't even, ugh!! I just want to scream, but instead I just pull at my hair like a stressed six year old.

"Gah, just leave me alone will you!" I exclaim as the door behind me swings open and he comes out. Why can't he just understand that he's not worth my time. He had his chance and he blew it.

"Darlene, I said I was sorry." He pleads.

"God, you can't take a hint, can you?" I answer frustrated.

"No." He smiles a puppy dog smile. He walks over to me and steps closer to the point where he's in my personal space. He reaches for my hand which was still on my hair and takes it down in order for him to hold it. Ugh, what is he doing. I try to get out of his grip, but he's still holding on.

"Can you please loose my hand?" I say.

"Why?" He whispers.

"Because you're hurting me." I answer feeling his grip get even stronger.

He looks down, notices it and reluctantly lets it go. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I say warily as I see a taxi. Finally, I let out my right hand for a signal.It noticed me and it stops a few inches away from me. I walk over to it and I could hear his footsteps following me. "Stop," I say turning around furiously putting my hands up. "You will not call me or ask for me, got it?"

He stops and nods. I get into the yellow taxi and roll down the window. "I mean it."

As I walk into the apartment, the first thing I see is Lisa eating a carton of ice cream with her legs crisscrossed on the sofa while watching TV. I put my key on the wooden table that was next to me and closed the door behind me. Then, I take off my coat and strangely, Lisa doesn’t say anything. She’s just there eating ice cream and staring at the TV like a robot. As I hung up my coat, I walk over to the couch and plop down next to my best friend.

“What’s wrong?” I asked seeing her eyes filled with tears. She doesn’t respond, she just keeps stuffing ice cream in her mouth. I don’t know what to do or what to say if she’s not going to tell me anything. I gave her a bone crushing hug. I didn't know what happened, though inside of me knew that they did this to her again. A cocky,nothing-to-do-but-break-a-girl’s-heart boy had done this once again. I wanted to complain to her and tell her I was right about this one, but I knew she wouldn’t want to hear it. I also wanted to tell her that the date sucked, but I decided to leave that in memory even though, It pains me.

“Lisa,” I try again looking up at her, “talk to me.”

“What do you want me to say?” She whispers slowly still staring at the TV.

“I want you to tell me what’s wrong.” I answer.

“No, you just want me to tell you that you were right.” She growls.

“Though, as much I would love to-” I cut myself off, “but I won’t.” I assure her.

“Nate and I broke up.” Of course, I thought. Thank god, she can’t see me because I rolled my eyes.

“Why?” I ask trying to sound interested.

“Do you really care?” She growls again.

“Yes,” I sigh.

“Okay,” She breathes, “Well, he said and I quote you are fat, ugly, and stupid and I never want to talk to you again! Oh and you suck in the sack!”

“And you believed him?” I sigh. “Seriously, Lisa why do you even bother. Did you at least do anything?”

“No,” She answers shoving more ice cream in her mouth while letting a tear fall down. 

“And why the hell not?” I ask. “You know if it was me, I would punch the shit out of him.”

“No, you wouldn’t.” She whispers.

“What?” I ask.

“You can’t say that until you’re in that situation.” She answered wiping a tear off with her wrist.

“I know I can’t, but what’s your excuse you’ve been in this situation more than we’ve been living here and we’ve been living here for four years, darling.” I simply reply.

“I can’t help it.” She said.

“I know and this is why I”m going to beat the shit out of Nate because he was the longest boyfriend you’ve ever had and he comes up with this crap!” I shouted.

“Don’t.” She growls.

“Why not?” I ask. “I get that he wasn’t prince charming or whatever the fuck it is, but he broke your heart and I’m tired of picking up the pieces.”

“Why don’t we just change the subject, huh?” She asks. “How was your date with Evan?”

“Ugh, don’t even go there.” I mumbled.

“What?” She says.

“He came late.” I answer.

“And you’re mad because of that?” She asks.

“Yeah, why not. What do you expect me, Darlene the girl who actually expects a guy to come in a suit-”

“Wait, wait a suit?” She cuts in. “Since when do you like guys in suits.”

“Since, I don’t know, but my point is that Evan is an idiot and I never want to see him again.”

“Why because he didn’t wear a suit.” She laughed.

“So, you think this is funny?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“Well then.” I say letting go of her. I get up from the couch and start walking off to my room.

I can’t believe this. Today was so crappy. As I strip off of my purple dress, I take a white t-shirt and black sweat pants that were on the bed and put them on. I bend down and take the dress and throw it into a corner. I just can’t believe that I put on a dress for that guy for him to just leave me waiting on him, but you know what? No more boy drama for Lisa and I starting tomorrow. I crawl into bed and close my eyes and start to drift off into the darkness with the city lights outside for the sad and happy souls out there roaming around while I’m just here moping.