More of an enemy: Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Words Never Said

“Are you done, yet?” I shout from the living room picking up my purse from the table. Gosh, I don't know even know what the heck is going on, but Lisa always takes a long time to get ready whether it's to go to the supermarket or a party. I like things on time and as planned while Lisa thinks time is to be wasted.

After I get my purse, I rush towards the closet door and scramble my pink and purple knit hat that my grandma made for me when I was fifteen and put it on. I rolled up my white and gray sleeves, checked my wrist watch and saw that it was eight o’ clock.

"God, hurry up Lisa!" I shout again.

I'm all worried because we have got to get to the train before it leaves us and if it does I'll be mad at Lisa forever, well not forever because I love her, but still if she's not going to hurry up, then we are going to miss it for sure. We were going to the carnival. I suggested it this morning because I figured that it would keep our minds off of things.

“I’m coming!” Lisa yells back.

I lean against the wooden door twirling my gold interlinked Chain Necklace.

"Okay, I'm done." She says coming out the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

"Finally." I sigh looking at what she was wearing. She was dressed in a white shirt with a blue and white cardigan, faded gray jeans with her chestnut hair tied in a bun.

"Really?" I ask.

"What?" She laughs.

"Nothing, let's go." I said shaking my head and opening the door. As we walk down the quiet hallway that smelled like pizza and a hint of cinnamon I wondered if we'll make it in time. As we came to the elevator, I turned to look at Lisa. Her wide eyes that were once puffy were now exuberant as if she moved on, but I knew from the eye liner and from all that make-up on her, I could see she was still hurt. As she looked at me looking at her she smiled.

When we got to the carnival, the lights were gleaming and reflecting onto the sidewalk. The Ferris Wheel was the first thing we saw as we pulled up in the cab. As we walked we were stumbling over wrappers and empty bottles. Ugh, what is wrong with these people? Do they not know how to pick up after themselves. After walking through the crowd, we finally make it to a bench that was surrounded by trees and a food court.

“Isn’t this fun?” I ask sitting down across from Lisa when we sat.

“I guess.” She answers.

“Come on, Lisa let’s go on the rides.” I suggested.

“No,I’m good.”

“Ugh,” I grunt, ”the only reason we came was to have fun and we're going to have fun!”

“What are we twenty-three year olds going to do to have fun at a carnival anyways?”

“I don’t know, but I don’t like how these kids are having fun while we're being miserable.” I answer. Her face pales. “What, I”m just saying the truth.”

She doesn't respond. Minutes later, I turn around wanting to know what she was looking at and see Nate in the crowd with a girl beside him. What is he doing here and with a girl?! I guess my time punching him in the face is going to happen after all. I look back at Lisa and her face is still the same.”That’s it,” I say getting up.

“What are you doing?” She asks.

“I’m going to give him a piece of my mind.” I answer.