Why didn't I?: Chapter 4

What's wrong with you, Darlene? Just because you didn't feel anthing why think that you guys aren't meant to be together or at least if you want to be. I stop in my tracks now not that far away from the bench where I could still see Evan still sitting.

You know what fuck feelings. I'm just going to go for it, plus much less for me to get hurt by him...

"Evan!" I shout running towards him.

"Yeah," he asks, "did you find Lisa?" I shake my head.

"Evan, when we kissed did you feel anything?"

"Why did you feel anything?" He asked.

"I...I don't know." I stumble. 

"Oh thank god." He reveals.

"What thank god,"I ask, "Is that good?"

"Well, yeah." He answered. I frown at that and look away and turn to look at the food court. "Not that way." He assures. "I mean like why would we have feelings if we haven't known each other."

"But that thing about love at first..." I drift off wondering why I'm saying this foolish thing. "You know what never mind. What if we just...start again, how about that?"

"I would love too." He smiles.

I walk off to where I was sitting before and sat down. I clench my teeth together from the cold. "Do you want my jacket?" He asks as he looked at me shake. I shake my head. "Come on,"he pleads.

"No, I'm good." I replied rubbing my hands together on my lap. 

"Whatever then." He smiles.

"Thank you." I answer glad that he understood.

"So, why don't you date?" He asks. Really, I thought. Why would he ask me about that. Were supposed to start fresh and he's wondering about my love life? No, I am not going to answer that. I'd rather talk about the important issue.

 "So, why haven't I heard of you?" I ask.

"Well, because I was in Boston working on a project. You see I'm an architect." He smiles.

"Oh an architect that's cool. Why are you here?" I questioned.

"Well, because I have time off. I get back to work in eight months."

"Wow, eight months. That's cool." I answered nodding. "So, long story short you came here to find a girl and take her back with you?"

"What no," he laughs, "I wasn't even interested."

"Ooh," I answer. "Is that why you came late?"

"Honestly,yes." He revealed.

"Wow, thank you for making me feel like dirt." I mumbled.

"You're not," he assures, "I just when I saw you...."

"You can stop there." I reply putting my hand up.

He chuckles. "Why it's the truth."

"Well, that's where you have to stop. Stop talking to me like a nine year old that think that love is sugar coated."

"Well, it is if you make an effort." He replied.

"I just no. If it was then your stupid ass brother wouldn't have done that." I retorted.

"That's my stupid brother not all guys are like that."

"Yeah because guys that are sweet and romantic don't exist." I replied.

"Maybe I can be," He laughs, "like I said we need to know each other."

"Do you want to know anything about me by any chance?" I ask.

"Yeah, why do you have dark circles on your legs?" He answered.

"Well, because I have eczema." I answered.

"Ooh, well that sucks."

"I know and it sucks even more when I'm scratching." I point out.

"You're still scratching?!" He shouts.

"Calm down," I laugh,"And yes, I do. It's not my fault that it itches to the point I have to sratch."

"Wow, you're strange." He chuckles.

 "Oh sorry for not warning you," I smile. "I feel like I want to ask you something, but I don't know what."

"Well," He says rolling up his sleeves and looked at his wrist watch, "It's nine thirty,so we have time."

"No," I shake my head. "I think I should look for Lisa, you know?"

"Well, I'll come with you." He answers getting up from his seat. "Besides, we can know each other along the way."