Chapter 3 - She's On The Hunt

The pic on the side (so hoping it's there or I'm going to look like a douche now) was made by Mr_Puffy25 . Thanks heaps. This chap is deicated to Steviia for creating the cover.

Cheers, hope ya like it.

~ ~ Chapter Three ~ ~

I smirked slightly as I looked back up at the old man; I knew Saxon would have my back as well as my brothers and Chris....okay, maybe Vance too but he would only be doing it for Saxon’s sake. The Alpha was already watching me again and it sent a small shiver down my spine – he’s so creepy.

Glaring at him with annoyance and distrust, “You’ve got about ten seconds to run away before our Alpha tears you a new one,” I growled loudly.

‘Eva!’ Vance roared instantly, making me cringe slightly as the Alpha’s eyes widen in shock and his pack growled at me – I know if they were in human form then they would have been slinging a lot of nasty words in my direction but since I don't speak wolf with strangers, whatever they were saying flew straight over my head.

‘Back down,’ Saxon snapped at Vance but never taking his eyes off the ones standing in front of us all, ‘That’s exactly what I’ll be doing if he doesn’t stop eyeballing my mate.’

I rolled my eyes, nice to know it’s not even about the fact we are outnumbered and surrounded – just that some random wolf is eyeing me. Great priorities Saxon, though, technically I shouldn’t complain since what girl doesn’t want their own personal knight in shining armour? Oh, that’s right – me.

‘She’s starting a fight,’ Vance muttered back in his own defence and I smirked slightly.

‘You live for fights,’ Chris scoffed and I had to agree – Vance really did come across as the fighting type and the kind of guy who loves it too.

The Alpha let out a low whistle, smiling a little which had me frowning in confusion – didn’t I just insult the crap out of him or something? So why the heck is he smiling?

“Well, I was warned that you don't follow protocol in our world....,” he trailed off, scratching the back of his head, “But despite this – threatening me will not get you anywhere. I'm here to offer help.”

‘Tell him where to shove his help Eva, Redford pack doesn’t need anyone,’ Saxon growled in my mind but also growled threateningly out loud, I could feel the muscles in his body and they were like a tightly coiled spring, ready to go off at any moment now.

‘Please, you get my help all the time and I'm a Thorn wolf,’ I mumbled back before smiling sweetly at the Alpha before us, “Do I need to tell you where you can shove that help or can you guess all on your own?”

Harper snickered loudly in my head and Brody yelled at him to take this seriously, considering I’m insulting another Alpha while in human form and a long way from home – I think that boy forgets that as long as I have some of my family with me, home will be wherever I go.

“Children these days have no respect for authority,” the Alpha sighed and a little dramatically too if you ask me.

Scoffing loudly, “I'm not a child.”

His eyes suddenly met mine, “You’re not an adult either, and actually I'm surprised you’re even allowed to be this far from home.” He was cut off by a loud growl that vibrated through my body and I mentally grinned at Saxon’s behaviour as the Alpha’s eyes snapped to the wolf I was sitting on top of, “Guess that explains it,” he muttered.

She's On The Hunt - (Book 2 of SOOTB's)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara