Chapter 9 - She's On The Hunt

~ ~ Chapter Nine ~ ~

(Saxon’s POV)

‘She’ll be fine, this is Eva we’re talking about,’ Harper’s voice floated through the mind link but it was just background noise to me since I couldn’t concentrate on anything other than finding Eva and fast. What worries me the most is that she is yet to contact us; when I was fighting of those darn wolves earlier I thought I heard her but then by the time I called back there was no response.

I most likely imagined it.

‘She’s probably on her way back to us already,’ Harper continued.

‘That wouldn’t be a good thing,’ Chris mumbled and I growled at him instantly which made him quickly explain himself, ‘Can you imagine the lecture and blasting she will do at us because she had to save herself?’ I guess he had a god point and she would constantly use that against us all for future reference too.

‘How about less talking and more searching!’ Brody roared as he turned and glared over his shoulder at Harper and Chris. I never thought I would see the day that Brody and I ever agreed on anything but he is the most defensive brother she has, and I can see him never stopping until Eva is found.

Which is exactly how I feel.

We managed to find and follow her fading trail but then it just cut off along a dirt road which could only mean she is now travelling by car or something similar to that. So the best we could hope for was to follow the tyre tracks and pray it led us in the right direction.

My body was burning and aching to find her, to kill whoever had laid a hand on her even if it didn’t cause any physical pain because the one responsible for this will learn to never mess with me again. I will carve my name into his flesh if that’s what it will take for him to learn his lesson, I will kill every adult male in his pack and bring him crumbling to his knees.

Because with the way we were ambushed back there, it had Alpha written all over it. No pack would work together like that if it was just another simple pack member running the show – they had been given an order to do something and they were carrying it out to the full extent of their abilities. Too bad for them we were much stronger, even outnumbered.

(Eva’s POV)

“The five of them managed to get free and we lost quite a few members,” a hushed voice spoke, one that I didn’t recognise but since I was pretending to still be unconscious – they had no problem speaking in front of me right now.

“What do you mean they got free?” a familiar voice growled – the voice of my kidnapper and this packs Alpha. Man did I detest that guy so much already. Not only did he kidnap me but he shot me with a flipping dart! Who in their right mind does that? Seriously!

“Uh...um...,” the guy stuttered, “They fought back and won.” I could hear the fear in his voice at having to deliver this news and I don't blame him. Mr. Alpha is going to be ticked; I heard he sent just over thirty wolves onto my pack of five. That’s got to be a wicked kick to the ego.

A thunderous growl echoed around the room I was in, vibrating off of the walls and rattling the windows so bad that I would have sworn they were going to shatter. Something did shatter though but it was wood snapping and cracking, not glass.

“How the heck did you idiots let that happen? There were only five of them!” he roared, making my insides vibrate from the volume.

I took this as my time to open my eyes and immediately a low growl ripped through my chest as I could see I was still locked inside this pathetic cage. Only now I was inside a big room which was basically bare from a few wooden chairs and what was a table a few minutes ago.